This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
corralejo couple videos

A couple of nice new videos of Corralejo
A couple of nice new videos have just been put on YouTube, one featuring the Corralejo dunes, one featuring the town.  Hope you enjoy them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r01vKN6BiMI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dudJ9N5H2k4
6 users say Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote
Great videos. Thanks for posting
Reply Quote

Here is a photo of Corralejo we came across during our first visit in 2016, the lady that showed it to us was American, emigrated to Fuerteventura years ago and owned a little craft store in the old town, how things have changed
3 users say Thank You to Fizzy Lemonade for this post
Reply Quote
(06-11-2018, 09:31 PM)Fizzy Lemonade Wrote: Here is a photo of Corralejo we came across during our first visit in 2016, the lady that showed it to us was American, emigrated to Fuerteventura years ago and owned a little craft store in the old town, how things have changed

Any idea when that photo was taken?
Reply Quote
Any idea when this was taken Fizzy ? I guess 60’s  Confused
1 user says Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
I can only go by what I recall she told me at the time, from memory she said 15 or so years previously so 2000 /2001 but she could be wrong or I could have misheard
1 user says Thank You to Fizzy Lemonade for this post
Reply Quote
According to Mr Google, the photo was taken in 1970, which was when tourism started to take off in earnest on the island (the El Mattoral airport was built in 1969).
2 users say Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote
I would say 60's or 70's. No way this is year 2000 Fizzy.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
Fair enough, no idea personally, just going by what I thought she said, may have misheard or misunderstood, interesting photo all the same
Reply Quote
Wow that is some transformation, how times change..
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Videos from the cockpit of landing and take off from Fuerteventura airport Captain Sensible 0 921 21-01-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Captain Sensible
  Wildlife videos Sam 0 2,329 15-03-2019, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Sam