This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
but cleaning thing all lacking one

All this cleaning up but one thing lacking
I think it was Wednesday this week I was balking in Caleta from the roundabout I front of the bus station over towards Kobe steak house passing the side of the Broncemar. The was a guy in a high viz vest doing a great job of weeding and tidying up the plants along the roadside, however one thing *** me off, well actually two things related in one. The flower beds all have the pican negra and smokers insist in firing their cigarette butts into the flower beds making it dam near impossible for the guy tidying up the flower beds. I’ve seen this in many of the flower beds around Caleta. As a result we have flower beds with litter removed, weeds removed and plants trimmed but buds full of cigarette butts. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I Wish smokers would be more considerate where they dispose of their cigarette butts. 🤬🤬🤬🤬
6 users say Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
Very true, Can.

The other thing that annoys me is that the workers clear all the weeds, then they overwater the trees/grass and the weeds come back.  Why can't they dig the weed roots out or put weedkiller down?

In 3 months time they'll be another 'political' campaign of tidying up the municipality.

The other thing that annoys me is that they never finish off the 'tidying' up properly - they get so far then stop!
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
So true so true Steve, a little bit of intelligence would go a long way
1 user says Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
The Cabildo of Fuerteventura undertakes the cleaning of margins, medians and roundabouts of the entire insular road network

A total of seventeen people, divided into three gangs, work with machinery in the conditioning of the roads

The Cabildo de Fuerteventura carries out cleaning and weed elimination works on the margins, medians and roundabouts of the insular road network, some works that have an investment of more than one million euros. The works have been awarded to the company Tecopsa for a period of two years, with the possibility of extension for another two years, carrying out conservation and maintenance actions that guarantee the adequate state of the more than 500 kilometres of the road network of the island.

"The goal is to ensure that all the margins of the roads and landscapes that make up the landscape of Fuerteventura are in perfect condition for both residents and the millions of people who visit us every year," he explained today, Thursday, April 11, the president of the Cabildo, Marcial Morales, in a visit to the works.

According to the Minister of Roads, Edilia Pérez, "a total of seventeen people execute the work, distributed in three gangs, working with their corresponding machinery, cleaning all the insular roads."

In this way, in addition to beautifying the areas adjoining the roads and improving the aesthetic and visual impact, road safety is improved with more accessible and safe routes for both motor vehicles and cyclists.

The works are executed on the platform of the road, its slopes and a strip of land three meters wide on each side of the road. Green spaces and landscaped areas are also being prepared, carrying out tasks of elimination of invasive species, dry branches or of diminishing growth that hamper the elements of road safety, among other actions. In the green spaces, all those elements considered as major, such as trees, shrubs or palms, among others, will be conserved.

The cleaning of margins is done with manual and mechanical means, for the subsequent treatment of waste in the Zurita Environmental Complex.

Courtesy of www.cabildofuer.es

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Meanwhile many streets in many towns in England sport gargantuan sized weeds growing out of kerbs and pavements because the local authorities claim they can no longer afford to remove or despatch them, despite being paid around ten times more in 'Council Tax' annually than we pay here!
2 users say Thank You to Grampiangranny for this post
Reply Quote
The mayor, Matías Peña García and the councillor for the Environment, Jonathan Peña, have visited the operators of this year's Extraordinary Social Employment Plan, who work in groups in different areas and towns of the Municipality.

On this occasion, the cleaning action is carried out in Caleta de Fuste, while the remains of it are pruned and collected on the pavement margins that descend from the upper part of the Castle.

Mayor and councillor appreciate the work of these crews of a total of 14 municipal workers who visit each town, removing more than 2,000 kilos of weeds, pruning of groves and palm trees, and various waste daily.

The cleaning actions are focused this week on the upper part of the Castle to continue on the margins of the promenade and the main entrance to Caleta de Fuste.

The towns and their accesses are also beneficiaries of this cleaning intervention in verges, lots, patios, walks, paths, tracks, medians and roundabouts that are clean and embellished as they pass.

It is good to be born, to be grateful, and more with these workers who leave a trail of cleanliness wherever they go, affirms the mayor of Antigua.

These cleaning operations have toured towns such as Agua de Bueyes, Casillas de Morales, Valles de Ortega, upper part and centre of Antigua, among other locations, details the Councillor for the Environment, Jonathan Peña, now the second time that we return to the same sites intervened before the Alarm State.

The Antigua City Council reminds us that keeping the municipality and our closest environment clean also depends on neighbourhood collaboration, and its involvement is the best guarantee to maintain and protect our landscape.

http://www.ayto-antigua.es/noticias/limp...a-de-fuste
I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(24-03-2019, 08:08 AM)Captain Sensible Wrote: Very true, Can.

The other thing that annoys me is that the workers clear all the weeds, then they overwater the trees/grass and the weeds come back.  Why can't they dig the weed roots out or put weedkiller down?

In 3 months time they'll be another 'political' campaign of tidying up the municipality.

The other thing that annoys me is that they never finish off the 'tidying' up properly - they get so far then stop!

I suppose if they did a proper job there would be less work for them, and therefore less Money, especially if those workers are paid by the council and work on a 'as and when' basis, sort of seasonal employment. Unless they are volunteers.
2 users say Thank You to GMT for this post
Reply Quote
(12-04-2019, 10:25 AM)Grampiangranny Wrote: Meanwhile many streets in many towns in England sport gargantuan sized weeds growing out of kerbs and pavements because the local authorities claim they can no longer afford to remove or despatch them, despite being paid around ten times more in 'Council Tax' annually than we pay here!

We have artificial grass in our garden and potted plants around the exterior. So we have no need for a brown bin (Garden Waste) which can be aquired from the council and emptied for a monthly charge on top of 'Council Tax'. As you say Grampiangranny, the weeds on our pavements and the grass verges where we live are ridiculously high. I spoke to one of our local councillors regarding it and was given the "Lack of funds" excuse. i told her that I was prepared to weed the pavements in front and at the rear of my house but I had no brown bin to dispose of the weeds anf grass.  I offered to canvass my neighbours in regards to us collectively as a close getting together and clearing the whole area if the council would provide bins for the day to take away the waste. She again stated that there were no funds for anything like that. She was quite happy for us to go ahead and do it and maybe bag the waste up and take it to the tip in our cars.
I decided to just do the pavements in front of our house and our elderly neighbour's house.  I hid the weeds at the bottom of the general waste bin in black bags.  The neighbour to the other side of us has since done his patch as well, but walking through the local area I can't see anybody eld=se who has bothered.
3 users say Thank You to Swordy for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Longer apartment stays how is cleaning handled? Will 2 391 23-10-2023, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Will