Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
hand vehicle 2nd buying

Buying a 2nd hand vehicle
I am thinking of buying a 2nd vehicle privately, does anyone have any experience of the process. I am under the impression that you need to pay to have the vehicle registered in your name, how easy is it to do and is it a fixed price irrespective of the price of the vehicle.

I have bought a car recently but was through a dealer who handled everything.

Thanks
2 users say Thank You to willie5094 for this post
Reply Quote
Do make sure there isn't anything owing on the vehicle - past taxes etc. I know of someone who ended up with a huge bill for unpaid debt on a car they bought.
Life is short.....Be kind to one another  Smile
3 users say Thank You to classic for this post
Reply Quote
Yes, I also heard of someone who ended up with a bill for unpaid taxes and fines. 

Personally,  I would play safe and use a dealer. 

Highly recommend Aboutcars.es. 

Wieberen Poelstra
Info@aboutcars.es
+34 630 83 71 43 (on WhatsApp)

You will pay a little more than a private purchase but you get it fully serviced, ITV at next due date and a service in 12 months, so worthwhile. 

Tom.
25/75 Birmingham/El Cotillo. Cool
4 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
I've bought several vehicles second hand, privately. After doing everything myself the first time I now use a gestoria to do it all for me. 5 mins in their office, seller and buyer, with all paperwork you can think of, set fee, all done. 👍
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Just purchased a small 1 year old car from a main dealer in Gran Canaria, who delivered the car to Puerto del Rosario and returned by ferry. At least 2500 Euros cheaper than the same age/mileage/model here, still under manufacturers warranty, with a dealer in Rosario on hand to assist with any possible future warranty issues.  All paperwork done by selling garage. Second time I've done this and would wholeheartedly recommend to anyone.
9 users say Thank You to Grampiangranny for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks all for your help.
2 users say Thank You to willie5094 for this post
Reply Quote