Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
hire costs car

Car Hire costs.
Just a warning to anyone coming over and who needs a rental car. I appreciate the reasons for the increase and at the end of the day " it is what it is ", but I wouldn't want the surprise to spoil someones break.

Autoreisen small car 31 days   390 euro   October 2020

Autoreisen small car 14 days   496 euro   October 2021
2 users say Thank You to bookman451 for this post
Reply Quote
Confused Confused Confused  Thanks for the info.
1 user says Thank You to GSDGirl for this post
Reply Quote
As I am coming again in January thought I'd do a bit more checking. Just with Autoreisen, appears the higher rental costs are the same for October and NovemberDecember apart from Xmas and NY, nearly 1/2 the current price.  Again January quotes half current price, but it looks like they factor in British 1/2 term as jumps up again mid Feb for a couple of weeks, then down again for March.
1 user says Thank You to bookman451 for this post
Reply Quote
Looks like most of the companies are charging the same, I'm due to come to Fuerte mid November for 3 weeks and the car hire is 381€ with Payless (small car).
1 user says Thank You to Keithal for this post
Reply Quote
Does anyone know if Autoreisen are willing to change the name on a booking?

Thanks
1 user says Thank You to MLA for this post
Reply Quote
(04-10-2021, 08:42 AM)MLA Wrote: Does anyone know if Autoreisen are willing to change the name on a booking?

Thanks

Last time I used them Martin you could add a second name at no extra cost.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
1 user says Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
The reason I asked about transferring the named driver is, we have an confirmed reservation with Autoreisen (see below), that we will not be using, and wonder if anybody would want it? This was made before the massive price hike.  The price we have been quoted is €589.61 for 52 days. I have just checked, and today's cost for the same period is now €1738.29 

Please message me if you are interested.

2 users say Thank You to MLA for this post
Reply Quote
When I have wanted a change on anything on my reservation with autoreisen they have made me do a new reservation.. they have never changed anything on my current one.

I dont know.. My experience with autoreisen have been worse for each time.. every time I have made a reservation for a better car they try to give me that horrible citroen c4.. and when I told the girl about that the last time I was there she was noticeably irritated..

And the procedure for giving the keys back last time was not really clear either.. huge queue but apparently I was suppose to just drop keys in a basket at the front.. not easy to know that. Got me annoyed because of the waiting in a huge queue..
2 users say Thank You to trex for this post
Reply Quote
I agree, it is most unlikely that they would change the name, as it doesn't benefit them to do so, but I thought I'd make the offer in case someone had some experience/luck in changing names.
2 users say Thank You to MLA for this post
Reply Quote
A Ben Andrews has just posted on the Facebook Fuerteventura Group:

Hello everyone, Im moving to El Cortillo in November, and am looking to rent a car for a long time (possibly 2-3 months), just a small/hatchback type car. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for who might be able to help us? Would be much appreciated. Cheers

I have replied with your booking information and asked him to contact me if he is interested.  Can I give your email address if he replies please Martin.  

Also, really sorry to hear that you can't make it over here this year and desperately sorry to hear why.  Will be emailing you directly shortly.  

Tom.
25/75 Birmingham/El Cotillo. Cool
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote