This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
electricity costs

Electricity Costs
Hi,

I've noticed quite a steep rise in the Electric bills recently. Has there been an announcement I missed or a different reason for this? While my property is unoccupied only the pool pump and fridge freezer runs but this month's bill was 87 euros. Sharp increase.
2 users say Thank You to Pandali for this post
Reply Quote
Yes there was a sharp rise back in June across the whole of Spain when Electricity companies implemented a High, Medium, and Low tariff structure.  

Attached a copy of a print out I did indicating times and tariff, our supplier is Endesa who now bill us monthly.  I did spot a reduction in the tariff on our October bill but am waiting to get our November bill in the next couple of days to see if it has continued

If your pool filter is set to run during peak time that is why you will see a big increase 

John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
5 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
We switched to Holaluz from Endessa circa 3 years ago and immediately saw a reduction of 10/15%, even after the new system came into force there was very little difference if any.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
5 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
When we saw that the daily tiers were changing we reorganised as much as we could, such a running the pool pump afternoon and early morning, avoiding peak hours for anything avoidable etc. Our most recent bill from Endesa or Energia XXI showed our usage column lower than recent months…..but our bill about 30% higher. So yes, prices have gone up quite markedly, but still considerably lower than my UK heating bills used to be!
3 users say Thank You to gattaca66 for this post
Reply Quote
(16-11-2021, 03:21 PM)gattaca66 Wrote: When we saw that the daily tiers were changing we reorganised as much as we could, such a running the pool pump afternoon and early morning, avoiding peak hours for anything avoidable etc. Our most recent bill from Endesa or Energia XXI showed our usage column lower than recent months…..but our bill about 30% higher. So yes, prices have gone up quite markedly, but still considerably lower than my UK heating bills used to be!

All I can say is ours has not moved at all.
4 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(15-11-2021, 09:07 AM)Johnrgby Wrote: We switched to Holaluz from Endessa circa 3 years ago and immediately saw a reduction of 10/15%, even after the new system came into force there was very little difference if any.

I just tried to get a quote from Holaluz and it was 134 euros a month! Don't know how they worked out the tariffs Huh I'm probably doing it all wrong! Here was me thinking Endessa were the only providers. I'll need to enquire more into this but thanks for the heads up.
3 users say Thank You to Pandali for this post
Reply Quote
(18-11-2021, 04:19 AM)Pandali Wrote:
(15-11-2021, 09:07 AM)Johnrgby Wrote: We switched to Holaluz from Endessa circa 3 years ago and immediately saw a reduction of 10/15%, even after the new system came into force there was very little difference if any.

I just tried to get a quote from Holaluz and it was 134 euros a month! Don't know how they worked out the tariffs Huh I'm probably doing it all wrong! Here was me thinking Endessa were the only providers. I'll need to enquire more into this but thanks for the heads up.

I simply emailed them a copy of my previous 3/4 bills, and they came back with a quote that showed a reduction of an average of 12%, which has subsequently proved to be slightly better than that, when I informed Endessa We were switching, they came up with some other deal or other that they claimed would match Holaluz, but I have a life long rule on this kind of thing, that goes something like this:- if they do not give you the best deal when I am a customer, when I am leaving is to late.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(18-11-2021, 07:18 AM)Johnrgby Wrote:
(18-11-2021, 04:19 AM)Pandali Wrote:

I simply emailed them a copy of my previous 3/4 bills, and they came back with a quote that showed a reduction of an average of 12%, which has subsequently proved to be slightly better than that, when I informed Endessa We were switching, they came up with some other deal or other that they claimed would match Holaluz, but I have a life long rule on this kind of thing, that goes something like this:- if they do not give you the best deal when I am a customer, when I am leaving is to late.

Thanks John, I'll do that next time I'm out. Appreciated.
2 users say Thank You to Pandali for this post
Reply Quote
Maybe you've got yourself a squatter? 😂
2 users say Thank You to trex for this post
Reply Quote
(18-11-2021, 10:52 AM)trex Wrote: Maybe you've got yourself a squatter? 😂

Don’t be tempting fate man 😱
2 users say Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electricity Bill from Endesa el caballo hambriento 7 1,433 15-03-2023, 03:56 PM
Last Post: Volcano
  Damage being caused by new Electricity line? TamaraEnLaPlaya 1 1,096 25-02-2023, 07:07 AM
Last Post: windermeregolfer
  Car Hire costs. bookman451 12 5,205 01-11-2021, 09:24 PM
Last Post: Maggie76