This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
address change trafico

Change of address at Trafico
Does anyone know if you have to fill in a form for change of address at Trafico? I have to change my drivers licence and car registration details.
2 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
I filled in a form 3 year's ago to change address for cars at Trafico. I also filled in a form to record COA for Spanish Driver's Licence reference purposes. You can do the Driving Licence bit online but as you have to go to Trafico anyway …………..
I can't find the form online for the cars - I think they issue it in Trafico. Don't forget an appointment!
Living my dream
4 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Next week I have an appointment at Trafico in PDR to change the notifications address for my car (after that I'll go to the ayuntamiento to change the fiscal address). I drove from Spain, where I was living, about two months ago; last year I paid road tax over there; my car has a Spanish number plate, it was already in that way when I bought it in England. Does anyone know whether I have to pay any import tax here in Fuerte? I have already received a nice blow in Spain when I paid nearly 270€ for transfer fees when I changed the details of the 'permiso de circulation' and I wouldn't be surprised if I received another one here. Unfortunately, I did struggle to get a clear answer from the Internet.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
1 user says Thank You to GMT for this post
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure you have to officially 'import' it here, which includes more tax. I bought a second hand car privately here, turns out the owner had brought it with them from mainland Spain, changed their 'permiso', but not done the 'import'. Trafico wouldn't let the sale be finalised to me until all sorted. It's still going on, nearly a year after the fact! I'm on my third or fourth temp permiso!!

On the other subject. I filled in the form at Trafico when I moved house - that was all that was needed. It was automatically picked up by the Ayuntamiento for car tax purposes.

Good luck - let us know how you get on!
Living my dream
4 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(06-12-2020, 12:36 AM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: I'm pretty sure you have to officially 'import' it here, which includes more tax. I bought a second hand car privately here, turns out the owner had brought it with them from mainland Spain, changed their 'permiso', but not done the 'import'. Trafico wouldn't let the sale be finalised to me until all sorted. It's still going on, nearly a year after the fact! I'm on my third or fourth temp permiso!!

On the other subject. I filled in the form at Trafico when I moved house - that was all that was needed. It was automatically picked up by the Ayuntamiento for car tax purposes.

Good luck - let us know how you get on!

Thank you Tamara, that is what I thought, that I have to pay import taxes on the car (it never ends Rolleyes ). I think I'll book an appointment at the Agencia Tributaria once I've changed the address at Trafico, so that if I have to pay I pay without risking to incur any surcharge at a later time, because I think you have to pay within 6 months of registering at the ayuntamiento.

About the form, so I think that is what I'm going to do next week, just filling the form and provide proof of residency. Good to know about the automatically picking up by the ayuntamiento.

I'll post the outcome so that perhaps one day other people can benefit.
1 user says Thank You to GMT for this post
Reply Quote
There are many edge rules RE importing a car.

If it was yours for over 6 months in the mainland, and you moved within last 6 months, there are no import fees according to my understanding.

I will be doing paperwork soon (with Miguel - BoxxPro).

Purchased car on Penninsula but transfer was made there.
I am expecting to pay 13.5% import fees due to the engine size on the car.
The Local Friendly Tech and Media Guy << Link
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
5 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
(06-12-2020, 11:15 PM)McAdam Wrote: There are many edge rules RE importing a car.

If it was yours for over 6 months in the mainland, and you moved within last 6 months, there are no import fees according to my understanding.

You were right, in the end I didn't have to pay import fees. However, I can not sell my car within a year from my arrival at Fuerteventura otherwise I have to pay fees (solo recordarle que en 1 año de la llegada del vehículo a Canarias, no podría venderlo, si quisiera hacerlo tendría que pagar el impuesto.)

When I went to Trafico (10/12/20) I was able to change the address of my driving licence but not the one of my car registration. The reason was twofold: 1. you can book for only one 'tramite' (matter). 2. I needed a DUA, which stands for Documento Único Administrativo.

In normal circumstances (COVID free) you would go to the Agencia Tributaria in PDR on the high street, but at present you have to book online, and after having booked online I received a call from the Agencia Tributaria in PDR saying that I soon would hear from the Agencia Tributaria in GC, as the DUA would be obtained online. After about a week I received an email from GC, I explained the reason that I contacted them, I provided electronic copies of documents needed, and after three days I received an email with an electronic copy of the DUA attached to be signed and returned (scanned) to them. With that DUA I then went back to Trafico in PDR (after having booked online for an appointment, of course). Documents needed at Trafico: form picked up in the office, DUA, car registration (permiso de círculation), padrón. Job done.
4 users say Thank You to GMT for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trafico Office in Puerto del Rosario willie5094 16 11,363 18-02-2019, 04:55 PM
Last Post: FuerteventuraNow