This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
fibre parque mobile adsl internet connectivity holandes

Connectivity in Parque Holandes
Hi,

Our original plans changed and we are now purchasing a villa in the sleepy hollow that is Parque Holandes.
Does anyone know what the options are for Internet connectivity? 
I don't suppose fibre has made it that far but what about ADSL, does anyone have this in Parque Holandes and what kind of speeds/reliability are you getting?

Any recommendations on a supplier?

Thanks in advance.
Loving it  Cool

2 users say Thank You to Pete Garyga for this post
Reply Quote
Fibre Internet in Parque Holandes? You wish Big Grin Big Grin

Can't comment on exact speed but whatever the provider promises, divide the number by 5 and you'll see the top speed. Don't count on any connection between 8PM and 10PM as that's the time the island decided to watch the TV over their broadband. It'll get better with the technology moving the right direction pretty fast just don't expect the same speed as in the UK, especially if you already got used to fibre.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(07-08-2020, 12:26 PM)Sam Wrote: Fibre Internet in Parque Holandes? You wish  Big Grin  Big Grin

I guessed as much but was still kinda hopeful Huh , what's the mobile coverage like there Sam 5G anytime soon?  Big Grin
Loving it  Cool

2 users say Thank You to Pete Garyga for this post
Reply Quote
(07-08-2020, 12:32 PM)Pete Garyga Wrote:
(07-08-2020, 12:26 PM)Sam Wrote: Fibre Internet in Parque Holandes? You wish  Big Grin  Big Grin

I guessed as much but was still kinda hopeful Huh , what's the mobile coverage like there Sam 5G anytime soon?  Big Grin

4G was quite common in Caleta and Puerto a few months ago, so keep your fingers crossed for Parque Holandes. Many times I simply turned the WiFi off on my phone as 4G was faster, lol.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(07-08-2020, 09:17 AM)Pete Garyga Wrote: Hi,

Our original plans changed and we are now purchasing a villa in the sleepy hollow that is Parque Holandes.
Does anyone know what the options are for Internet connectivity? 
I don't suppose fibre has made it that far but what about ADSL, does anyone have this in Parque Holandes and what kind of speeds/reliability are you getting?

Any recommendations on a supplier?

Thanks in advance.

Do not consider under any circumstances Internet Services/Rural internet, They advertise speeds up to 40 Mbps, but you will not have not got a cat in hells chance of getting it, I was originally paying for 12Mbps, which was insufficient for our needs as we need circa 12 Mbpsnver got more than 8, so I decide to pay more for 24 Mbps which you would have thought would solve the situation, but no on a good evening we were getting 11/13 but most evenings less than 10, they will come and use an internet speed calculator somewhere in Madrid which will tell you you are getting 24Mbps+ but there was no way I could get my internet to connect to that server however I tried. anywhere except on this Island they would be prosecuted for advertising and sell ing a product they cannot supply.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
i am in las caletas - parque holandes area and i had a rep from net services at  the door telling me fibre optic is now available and guaranteeing 100mb up/download for 48e month !
i might consider it in the future.
at the moment i have a 4g router and an unlimited data sim from movistar for 25e month. signal varies between 3/4g
i  initially had problems with buffering on my iptv service/ firestick but since i started using a vpn my download speed has 
increased and only seldom have problems.
3 users say Thank You to stewart1875 for this post
Reply Quote