Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
licence exchange driving

Driving Licence Exchange
Good morning to you all,

I have just returned to Fuerteventura after nearly 7 months, we are living here full time now, can anyone advise me what is the situation with changing UK licence to Spanish?.

I have my TIE card.

Many thanks Bob.
2 users say Thank You to tigga1958 for this post
Reply Quote
(18-11-2021, 10:01 AM)tigga1958 Wrote: Good morning to you all,

I have just returned to Fuerteventura after nearly 7 months, we are living here full time now, can anyone advise me what is the situation with changing UK licence to Spanish?.

I have my TIE card.

Many thanks Bob.

As I understand it it had to be changed by October 1st, if you were already resident, but as a new resident it might be different, I did not exchange mine as I had an IDP, which I have since discovered is not legal here, and I attempted to make an appointment to change mine in November 2020 only to be told here were no appointments available until the new year, which have not become available, however I was stopped on Monday by Traffico, flashed my UK driving licence, and his response was " you realise you have to change it" to which I responded I will as soon as I can, and he was happy with that, I will be interested to hear other peoples take on this. 
"
Do not confuse my personality with my attitude my personality is down to me, but my attitude depends on you!
5 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Hi Tigga,  bad news (I'm sorry), if you hadn't made a request to exchange by 31/12/2020, you can't apply now under the terms of the withdrawal agreement. That means you have to apply to take a driving test here (all in Spanish) plus the medical and eyesight tests. 

The British Embassy are making representations to the Spanish government but so far, no movement on the issue.  The main thrust of this appeal is due to the fact that trying to get appointments in the last quarter of 2020 were hopeless, as there were none available.  

Sorry!

Tom.
25/75 Birmingham/El Cotillo. Cool
5 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exchange from UK to Spanish driving licence gattaca66 86 20,991 24-11-2021, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Pete Garyga
  Temporary Driving Licences. Cotillo_Tom 2 1,360 23-04-2020, 10:40 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Medical for driving licence exchange? gattaca66 6 3,185 09-02-2019, 09:16 PM
Last Post: gattaca66
  Can you have BOTH a Spanish Driving Licence and UK Driving Licence Archer 9 4,546 18-01-2019, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Sam