This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
cancelled easy jet flights

Easy jet flights cancelled
Having booked an Easy Jet flight for 2 July when they released them in June. I noticed shortly after that they then put a notice to say sold out on all flights in July. Well just received notice today that it’s cancelled. Have now booked same day with Ryanair will wait and see.
2 users say Thank You to Roker roar for this post
Reply Quote
My advice would be, dont book anything until flights are actually landing here. Airlines keep giving out dates, and then changing them. Until Spanish and British governments agree, they dont have permission to land here.

Tom.
3 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Sound advice, however I have booked now. Also I am of the opinion that the flight will go ahead otherwise EU261 flight cancelled compensation will apply. Will have to wait and see the outcome.
Reply Quote
(18-06-2020, 01:51 PM)Roker roar Wrote: Sound advice, however I have booked now. Also I am of the opinion that the flight will go ahead otherwise EU261 flight cancelled compensation will apply. Will have to wait and see the outcome.

Good luck with your plans but Ryanair don't go by the rulebook as thousands if not millions of their customers will testify to. I've read somewhere recently the issuing of vouchers has now been put on snails pace. Whatever next?
2 users say Thank You to fatherted for this post
Reply Quote
Easy jet to bristol 8th July now cancelled
Re 261 not valid according to E Jet as WHO declared pandemic on 11 th march
Turned us down for flight cancelled 16 March to FV and this one.
2 users say Thank You to DavidP for this post
Reply Quote
State of Emergency has ended, so what rule are they hiding behind, now?
EU261 should be active again?
2 users say Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
Update on my easy jet cancellation and using Ryanair instead. The Ryanair flight left and arrived on time. No issues with flight face coverings to be worn at all times with the exception of eating and drinking. Trolly service in use for panini and drinks but no cash transactions. Toilets could be used but no queuing in the aisles wait in seat until free. On arrival the Required to complete a COVID 19 whereabouts  form that was collected. A person with a heat seeking temperature device was also in attendance it looked random to me however it could have been everyone. All in all it went well.
Still don’t understand why Easy jet cancelled, will wait for my refund.
Reply Quote
(24-06-2020, 03:09 PM)DavidP Wrote: Easy jet to bristol 8th july now cancelled
Re 261 not valid according to E Jet as WHO declared pandemic on 11 th march
Turned us down for flight cancelled 16 March to FV and this one.

Back in March than would definitely be within the definition of unforeseen circumstances. Not sure if airlines can use the excuse any more. Especially, if you're able to buy the flight tickets and they cancel the flight in lees than 14 days before the departure date. Haven't looked into in, though.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(02-07-2020, 10:59 AM)Roker roar Wrote: Update on my easy jet cancellation and using Ryanair instead. The Ryanair flight left and arrived on time. No issues with flight face coverings to be worn at all times with the exception of eating and drinking. Trolly service in use for panini and drinks but no cash transactions. Toilets could be used but no queuing in the aisles wait in seat until free. On arrival the Required to complete a Covid 19 whereabouts  form that was collected. A person with a heat seeking temperature device was also in attendance it looked random to me however it could have been everyone. All in all it went well.
Still don’t understand why Easy jet cancelled, will wait for my refund.

Were you travelling to UK or Fuerta ? For travel to Fuerta a form is completed online and a QR code issued, not sure if this is in addition to a form (which also seems to be available on the Ryanair site).
1 user says Thank You to Jason W for this post
Reply Quote
Travelling Ryanair from Stansted to Fuerteventura. The COVID 19 Whereabouts form emailed to me by Ryanair Yesterday afternoon. One form per family.
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Easy Jet recommends Caleta de Fuste! TamaraEnLaPlaya 3 2,849 20-11-2020, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Ducks
  easyJet flights cancelled and delayed Archer 7 4,910 21-02-2020, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Ducks