This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
islands spain canary advises against but essential fcdo travel all excluding

FCDO advises against all but essential travel to Spain, excluding the Canary Islands
Quote:Updated:
21 May 2021
Latest update:
New information on changes to entry requirements for Spain if you are travelling from the UK from 24 May onwards. No changes have been made to the level of our travel advice for any regions of Spain. We continue to advise against all but essential travel to Spain, including the Balearic Islands, but excluding the Canary Islands.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain

Also:

Quote:From 00:00 on 24 May, current entry restrictions (listed below) and testing requirements for arrivals from the UK to Spain will no longer apply. However, travellers from the UK should be prepared to present evidence of a negative test if they have travelled to a country on Spain’s list of ‘risk countries’ in the 14 days prior to travel.

Great news for us, non residents. Although, am I the only one worried about scrapping the need to be tested to enter Spain?
I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
I think it's a dreadful decision, although Spain looks like it is requiring evidence of full vaccination for entry 7th June onwards. That helps, but my understanding was that the vac helps the individual but doesn't prevent COVID being carried and passed on! Would be very happy to he proved wrong!
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
That's another thing I'm not happy about -vaccine passports. Vaccinated people can still bring the virus into the country and potentially endanger its residents. Having a negative test results should be considered as a much safer alternative, IMHO. Let's see what will they come up with in a couple of weeks.
I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canary Islands Calima - Flight Updates windermeregolfer 1 4,177 24-02-2020, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Sam