This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
fuerteventura eternals filming

Filming of Eternals on Fuerteventura
Found quite exiting news about filming new Marvel's movie on the island and pasted some of the info I found online. Hope that's alright.

Link to IMBD: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9032400/

And Marvel's Eternals SDCC reveal @ Comic Con:

...will add more info later.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
The Eternals, one of the great productions of Marvel's Phase 4 , will be shot in the Canary Islands this fall. The film, starring Angelina Jolie, Richard Madden - Rob Stark in Game of Thrones -, Salma Hayek or Kumail Nanjiani , will be filmed in different locations in Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Tenerife and will be released in November 2020 . Ángel Víctor Torres, president of the Government of the Canary Islands , met on Wednesday with two Disney producers - a company that owns the cinematographic rights of the Marvel universe - to close the landing of Hollywood production in the Islands, news that this newspaper has already advanced June 29 . " Kevin de la Noy , who has been the producer of films like Batman or Gladiator, and Karl McMilan ," Torres explained, "we have moved the firm will to shoot in the Canary Islands a production that will be the most important ever filmed in the Archipelago and the largest that will host Europe in 2019 ". Although the regional president did not want to reveal details of the film, he did admit that the film belongs to one of Marvel's stories. Torres stressed that hosting a shoot of this type in the Canary Islands is an " undoubtedly tourist claim and leaves a lot of income . Some studies estimate that they can leave up to 13 million euros." The president of the Canary Islands Government stressed that there is an "important relief but leaves more income than what is deducted." Currently these tax incentives for the production of films in the Canary Islands are included in its Economic and Fiscal Regime (REF) , which includes a 40 percent deduction for international productions.

https://www.eldia.es/cultura/2019/07/24/...95269.html
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
The president of the Canary Islands, Ángel Víctor Torres, receives a delegation headed by the renowned producer Kevin de la Noy.

The president of the Canary Islands, Ángel Víctor Torres, has committed on Wednesday to facilitate the efforts and coordination between the different administrations of the islands to make possible the filming of a Hollywood blockbuster in the Canary Islands that will take place in the coming months, which It could be "the biggest film production shot in Europe this year," he announced.

The filming of the blockbuster "The Eternals" will take place predictably at the end of the year on the islands of Fuerteventura, Lanzarote and Tenerife, as revealed by the Canary Islands Government. The film includes actors and actresses such as Angelina Jolie, Richard Madden, Salma Hayek or Kumail Nanjiani, among others.

Torres explained that the producer based in the Canary Islands Surfilm has signed an agreement for the filming during this year of a new film project in the Canary Islands that in principle will be shot in three of the islands of the archipelago.

The reason for the meeting with the Canarian president was to request the maximum institutional collaboration for the implementation of this project, "possibly the most ambitious film production shot in the Canary Islands so far," said Torres, a collaboration commitment acquired by the Canarian president. with a film entourage headed by renowned producer Kevin de la Noy, one of the most prominent film producers, who has the production of films like Batman or Gladiator, among many others.

The Canarian president valued this first meeting as "very productive", in which, among other matters, he highlighted the benefits of the Canary Islands for the filming of international blockbusters that send a "magnificent" image of our land abroad and are undoubtedly tourist claims "but that they also leave millions of euros in the islands, ”he explained.

The forecast is that the meetings of the Canarian public institutions with the international production team continue over the next few days in the different islands that may become locations.

The Canarian president promised to dedicate efforts «so that more super productions work in our land in the future, and for this it is necessary that they know that we have everything, we have the tax incentive and magnificent, strategic and landscape enclaves of first level, but also training and human and technical team to take on great film productions, ”said the president.

Courtesy of Onda Fuerteventura
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
Representatives of the producers thank the City Council of Antigua for its willingness

The producer of the company Sur Film Canarias, Juan Antonio Trujillo, his assistant Yanira de Armas and the Production Manager of the Disney Studios, Mally Chung, have visited the City Hall of Antigua to thank in person the mayor of Antigua, Matías Peña , the support and facilities offered to make the filming of the film in the Municipality.

The Municipality of Antigua offers places and numerous locations of great interest for film and TV producers, complemented by hotel and restaurant quality services in the centre of the island for lodging or equipment logistics, says the mayor, Matías Peña.

The collaboration, always from the respect and the guarantee of protecting our natural environment, is interesting in both directions, and adds the mayor, from the promotion that involves seeing our landscapes on large cinema screens, to the economic impact that supposes that close to 300 people who make up the film crew are staying in the town of Caleta de Fuste.

The filming of feature films, short films, documentaries or advertising spots in the Municipality of Antigua is still an important economic injection, which generates employment and also promotes our landscape, which is interesting to be preserved with the greatest guarantees, to neighbours for being our town and surroundings, and the producers for being natural sets increasingly difficult to find, concludes Matías Peña.

Courtesy of NoticiasFuerteventura

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
Angelina Jolie is already on the island to shoot Los Eternos

The popular actress would be staying at a well-known hotel in Caleta de Fuste

As it has been able to confirm News Fuerteventura, the popular actress Angelina Jolie, is already in Fuerteventura. Hosted at the Sheraton Hotel in Caleta de Fuste, it is one of the stars of the film that the Disney factory rolls over Los Eternos.

This is a second series linked to Marvel that would come to follow The Avengers, one of the most successful sagas in cinemas in recent years.

An impressive collection of all black terrains accompany the popular artist on her trips to the filming locations. Collection that does not go unnoticed when the entourage rests in the facilities of the popular hotel in the town of El Castillo.

Jolie is an immortal in The Eternal

Jolie will play Thena, who is the daughter of Zuras, the leader of The Eternal, her abilities allow her to control her body's molecules and maintain a youthful appearance, despite being over 4 thousand years old.

Apparently, in Fuerteventura, a part of Thena's life takes place during the Babylonian civilization, whose scenarios have been carried out in the Barranco de Las Peñitas, in the municipality of Pájara.

Courtesy of NoticiasFuerteventura.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I Heart Fuerteventura
4 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
FANTASTIC Eleven Black Range Rover Sports Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin  and Four Discovery's -

John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
5 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
Great paparazzi photos John, hope you're not going to follow them around all day  Big Grin
I Heart Fuerteventura
4 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(24-10-2019, 08:41 AM)Sam Wrote: Great paparazzi photos John, hope you're not going to follow them around all day  Big Grin

Well if I did I wouldn't have had to go far as they don't seem to have moved all day  Smile Smile
3 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
(24-10-2019, 06:20 PM)windermeregolfer Wrote:
(24-10-2019, 08:41 AM)Sam Wrote: Great paparazzi photos John, hope you're not going to follow them around all day  Big Grin

Well if I did I wouldn't have had to go far as they don't seem to have moved all day  Smile Smile

I have just seen this video:

John, are you sure they haven't moved all day Big Grin
I need a six month vacation twice a year Cool
2 users say Thank You to Mia for this post
Reply Quote
Each time I was near or passed the hotel they were all parked up
1 user says Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Marvel Studios’ Eternals filmed in Fuerte Official Teaser Mia 1 2,848 07-11-2021, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Sam