This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
general waste garden bins

Garden waste? in general waste bins ?
Can garden waste, leaves,  trimmings etc go in the general waste bins.  Someone told me yes, others no and that i any event it should be put in a green coloured bag????
2 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
Please recycle it.  There is a specific bin at the Punta Limpio in P del R.
2 users say Thank You to Perrypower1 for this post
Reply Quote
Not sure if it is still there but there was a garden / pruning's skip on the car park area next to where the Caleta Tuesday - Saturday market is.  I also recall once seeing one next to the community hall opposite the Caleta bus station

I use the green garden waste dump between the 2 golf courses as part of our recycling, we visit the recycling bins opposite McDonald's at least once a week.  I get really angry with a lot of property owners near us just putting bottles and card etc in the general waste bins.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
3 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
Good job John!!  Thanks!!
2 users say Thank You to Perrypower1 for this post
Reply Quote
The green waste bin between the two golf courses is no longer there.

I take all my green waste to the Punto Limpio in Puerto del Rosario.  It's open every day except Monday.

Green waste shouldn't go in the general grey bins, although I have seen it in there.

I asked for a Punto Limpio in Caleta when the people were on the election campaign in May - I'll have to ask again.  Perhaps if we all send an email to Debbie then something might be done. They used to have one behind theCultural Center but they took it away as they wanted to improve the look of Caleta as you approach it!  They took away the recycling bins and the Football pitch.  What happened? - it's become a car park!
4 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
(27-09-2019, 12:05 PM)Captain Sensible Wrote: The green waste bin between the two golf courses is no longer there...

How about the recycling area near La Frasquita? Was definitely there last year. Not sure if that's close enough for you Emmi.

I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
That is very close to me Sam more or less at the end of my road, will check if it is still there in next day or so......
Reply Quote
(27-09-2019, 12:05 PM)Captain Sensible Wrote: The green waste bin between the two golf courses is no longer there.

Yes the skip has gone but if you use the road on Las Salinas that is nearest the Fuerteventura Golf Club just past the Las Salinas Greens sheds there id a green land fill area that the Golf course appears to use for its green waste. Not sure if it is legal or not.

Hope that makes sense
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
2 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
(27-09-2019, 02:17 PM)Emmi Smith Wrote: That is very close to me Sam more or less at the end of my road, will check if it is still there in next day or so......

Unfortunately Emmi, there isn't the "green waste bin" anymore. Also the bin for plastic and cans is missing. Just glass, paper and general waste bins at the moment. Very disappointed. Will check other places around Caleta later.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks.  I also checked it out yesterday - not there! It's a pain as I don't always have car access when I need it, so going into PDR is not generally an option.
Reply Quote