This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
reissued get

How to get N.I.E reissued?
So we've had a house here in Fuerte for about five years. Both my wife and I got NIE certificates processed by our lawyers as part of the purchase process. These were A4-sized, stamped certificates with an expire date on them. While we have got digital copies of these, we cannot find the originals - we suspect we've never got them from the lawyers but that's a separate story.

Question is - does anyone know the process of getting NIE reissued here in Fuerte? I've read a couple of helpful threads on this forum on applying for a NIE from scratch, but this is slightly different as it's a reissue as we've already got assigned NIE numbers.

Any help greatly appreciated!  Thumbs Up
Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
1 user says Thank You to Rome77 for this post
Reply Quote
My understanding is they are no longer issued, they have been superseded by the new TIA, { A plastic, credit card size identity card }which we are waiting to arrive, however, these require a photo,s, and fingerprints, so quite how you would achieve this not being on the Island I have no idea. getting the new card is a relatively simple process, but I repeat you have to be on The Island, and even then they take 6/7 weeks to get back to the Police Station from where you have to collect them.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
1 user says Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Pretty sure this has gone at cross purposes. 
NIE needed by everyone to do anything official even if you don't live here. 
The new card is for Residents.
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Three or four years ago, when purchasing a washing machine from Electron in Rosario, they wanted to see our NIE number. three weeks ago when purchasing a new TV for cash from the same outlet, they didn't want to see any ID/NIE number at all.
1 user says Thank You to Grampiangranny for this post
Reply Quote
Can you go back to the Solicitors?

Do you have the transfer deed for the property you purchased, if so, your NIE numbers will be quoted in that. 

Do you have any bills for the property, if so, most (but not all) will detail your NIE number.  

Did you open a bank account? They would have wanted your NIE numbers to open the account, so they should be able to tell you. 

Is your property in a community, the administrator or secretary should have had yiur numbers when you completed. 

You will pay IBI(U) (COUNCIL TAX), the number should appear on your annual bill. 

So, any one or any organisation you have dealings with (electric, water etc) should know your number. 

The physical sheet of paper is not essential. 

Hope that helps. 

Tom.
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
(30-12-2020, 07:28 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: Pretty sure this has gone at cross purposes. 
NIE needed by everyone to do anything official even if you don't live here. 
The new card is for Residents.

You are probably correct Tamara, I just remembered them telling me they were no longer issued, and did not take into account we are residents Smile
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
1 user says Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(30-12-2020, 09:53 PM)Cotillo_Tom Wrote: Can you go back to the Solicitors?

Do you have the transfer deed for the property you purchased, if so, your NIE numbers will be quoted in that. 

Do you have any bills for the property, if so, most (but not all) will detail your NIE number.  

Did you open a bank account? They would have wanted your NIE numbers to open the account, so they should be able to tell you. 

Is your property in a community, the administrator or secretary should have had yiur numbers when you completed. 

You will pay IBI(U) (COUNCIL TAX), the number should appear on your annual bill. 

So, any one or any organisation you have dealings with (electric, water etc) should know your number. 

The physical sheet of paper is not essential. 

Hope that helps. 

Tom.

Thanks Tom. We do know our NIE numbers as we've got digital copies. As you rightly point out, we've found that this is sufficient for most purposes. However, there have been instances where we have been requested to show our original NIE certificates - one that springs to mind is that we were not allowed to buy a Tuenti sim card as we didn't have our original NIE certificate to show!

Anyway, we're still in Fuerte at the moment (delaying our dreaded return to London for as long as we can!) and the wife has gone into Puerto this morning to try sort it out. I'll update here if she finds out anything useful  Smile
3 users say Thank You to Rome77 for this post
Reply Quote
(31-12-2020, 09:33 AM)Rome77 Wrote: Anyway, we're still in Fuerte at the moment (delaying our dreaded return to London for as long as we can!) and the wife has gone into Puerto this morning to try sort it out. I'll update here if she finds out anything useful  Smile

The wife could not get any assistance as prior appointment is required - got one for later on in January and we'll see how that goes.
1 user says Thank You to Rome77 for this post
Reply Quote
(06-01-2021, 02:00 PM)Rome77 Wrote:
(31-12-2020, 09:33 AM)Rome77 Wrote: Anyway, we're still in Fuerte at the moment (delaying our dreaded return to London for as long as we can!) and the wife has gone into Puerto this morning to try sort it out. I'll update here if she finds out anything useful  Smile

The wife could not get any assistance as prior appointment is required - got one for later on in January and we'll see how that goes.

My wife did this about a year ago, you very simply go into the print shop next door to the Police station, tell them { and they all speak English } what you want to do, they will print the required forms for you and for a couple of euro will fill them in for you, go to a bank and pay the 12€ tax that is required, then take them to the Police station when you have your appointment, the job was done in 5/10 mins. We originally turned up and these were the instructions we were given by the officer on the day
we have since applied for  TIA and the process was almost as simple with the addition of photo and fingerprints
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote