This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IKEA - a new shop and cafe
IKEA announces a change in the business model of IKEA in Fuerteventura.
Starting August 11, the IKEA Merchandise Drop-Off Point includes up to 350 home accessories to buy direct and an IKEA dining corner with a selection of Swedish products. IKEA arrived in Fuerteventura in April 2011 with a format that allows you to see the product and order it online with a delivery in 48 hours. In December 2018, they moved the Point to the El Matorral Industrial Estate, in Antigua, to a larger and more inspiring space.

Now this same IKEA space has changed the business model and has been transformed into a Shop. The success of the IKEA product has led to expanding the business including two novelties in the sales system in Fuerteventura: the direct sale of more than 350 items and a space dedicated to the sale of Swedish food products and a Swedish Café, where you can taste the famous hotdogs or Swedish meatballs.
4 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
I didn't have a very good experience in IKEA this week  Angry

I bought a bathroom basin there about 3 years ago, very happy with it, but recently mislaid the plug (goodness only knows how!) which is a strange design not available elsewhere. Searched online and found that IKEA do a Spare Parts service for small items like screws and plugs, great! I found that there was a website for ordering them in the US, the UK or mainland Spain. (Probably other countries as well) But not in The Canaries! The mainland Spain one wouldn't accept a Canaries postcode. The sites all said you would need your original invoice number.

No problem, I'd pop in to the Fuerte shop and ask them to order for me. Asked at a sales point in Spanish. Had the part number to hand. Was told 'You have to buy a new sink'!!! We don't do the bits here! I asked if they could order from GC - No, buy a new sink! Can they order from the Peninsular? No, buy a new sink! I let the girl know what I thought and walked out.

Went home, spent 2 hours searching out the invoice - hooray, found it! Went online to the UK IKEA spares website. Ordered the parts to go to family. After all the searching it didn't ask for invoice number which was good as that might have been a sticking point being a Fuerte invoice.

Email confirmation that it was being sent free of charge to the address provided. So that was brilliant, but the service in Fuerte was appalling, Buy a new basin just to replace  the plug!
Living my dream
4 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(22-12-2022, 12:34 AM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: I didn't have a very good experience in IKEA this week  Angry

I bought a bathroom basin there about 3 years ago, very happy with it, but recently mislaid the plug (goodness only knows how!) which is a strange design not available elsewhere. Searched online and found that IKEA do a Spare Parts service for small items like screws and plugs, great! I found that there was a website for ordering them in the US, the UK or mainland Spain. (Probably other countries as well) But not in The Canaries! The mainland Spain one wouldn't accept a Canaries postcode. The sites all said you would need your original invoice number.

No problem, I'd pop in to the Fuerte shop and ask them to order for me. Asked at a sales point in Spanish. Had the part number to hand. Was told 'You have to buy a new sink'!!! We don't do the bits here! I asked if they could order from GC - No, buy a new sink! Can they order from the Peninsular? No, buy a new sink! I let the girl know what I thought and walked out.

Went home, spent 2 hours searching out the invoice - hooray, found it! Went online to the UK IKEA spares website. Ordered the parts to go to family. After all the searching it didn't ask for invoice number which was good as that might have been a sticking point being a Fuerte invoice.

Email confirmation that it was being sent free of charge to the address provided. So that was brilliant, but the service in Fuerte was appalling, Buy a new basin just to replace  the plug!

That's a disgrace— both the suggestion you buy a new sink and that they required an original invoice! Who has that kind of thing lying around after years... I understand they don't want to send free parts to people who could I suppose request all the parts independently, but then just charge for them and the problem is solved. People need to replace sink plugs all the damn time! Buy a new sink...! Can't get over that. 

I've had some issues with IKEA here myself, but considering it's still standardized IKEA quality, I put up with it. Still a horrible experience for you, though.
3 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
In the UK, just walk in to the helpdesk in any IKEA and ask for spare kitchen door hinges or whatever and if they have it in stock you'll get it without any invoices.

I would probably complain online to the Swedish office, otherwise things will never get better. It probably isn't a fault of anyone working in the Fuerteventura IKEA store, but someone working in the mainland head office.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IKEA - Family Card - how does it work? Mia 4 1,928 13-03-2022, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Mia
  Buying items from IKEA el caballo hambriento 17 5,216 25-08-2021, 05:04 PM
Last Post: el caballo hambriento
  Superbarato - Chinese shop in Poligono Industrial El Matorral Archer 53 24,809 28-02-2021, 12:51 AM
Last Post: Ducks
  Is there to be a New British Food Shop in Corralejo? OMR + MIN 10 8,466 18-05-2020, 11:42 AM
Last Post: OMR + MIN
  Fire in scooter rental shop in Caleta Sam 11 8,297 21-01-2020, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sam