This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
fue transfer money uk

Money Transfer FUE - UK
(04-04-2022, 06:03 PM)Bill Wrote: Hi folks,

Another question about moving over! Does anyone have more recent advice on, or experience of, transferring money to Spain for property purchase. Some have mentioned Wise, others SmartCurrencyExchange. We do have a Sabadell account but I am assuming a currency exchange firm will offer better rates than a bank.

So - which one do you recommend?

Thx.

My salary is paid in US dollars, I exchange Money very regularly and without doubt Wise offer the best exchange rates in the market. A friend recently sold his house and went with the solicitors advice to use Currency Direct. The difference in the exchange from Euro's to GBP between the two companies for 150,000 euros was almost 4000 GBP in favour of Wise's rates and charges.
3 users say Thank You to Pandali for this post
Reply Quote
(07-04-2022, 07:03 AM)Pandali Wrote:

Another question about moving over! Does anyone have more recent advice on, or experience of, transferring money to Spain for property purchase. Some have mentioned Wise, others SmartCurrencyExchange. We do have a Sabadell account but I am assuming a currency exchange firm will offer better rates than a bank.

Thx.

My salary is paid in US dollars, I exchange money very regularly and without doubt Wise offer the best exchange rates in the market. A friend recently sold his house and went with the solicitors advice to use Currency Direct. The difference in the exchange from Euro's to GBP between the two companies for 150,000 euros was almost 4000 GBP in favour of Wise's rates and charges.

Second point, never, ever use a bank for exchange rates, especially when changing large sums
2 users say Thank You to Pandali for this post
Reply Quote
Wise! no doubt. Pandali is very right.
3 users say Thank You to GMT for this post
Reply Quote
Wow. Thanks, that is really good to know!!
2 users say Thank You to Bill for this post
Reply Quote
(04-04-2022, 06:14 PM)Johnrgby Wrote:

Thx.

We use and have always used Wise
 I will second Wise for transferring Money from UK to Fuerte
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
3 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
(04-04-2022, 06:03 PM)Bill Wrote: Does anyone have more recent advice on, or experience of, transferring money to Spain for property purchase. Some have mentioned Wise, others SmartCurrencyExchange.

I would add to the (for large amounts) list Currency Fair.
For smaller amounts, holding euros and card payments in Fuerteventura, I use Revolut or Crypto.com.

Never used Wise myself although read many good reviews about them not just on this forum. Never used, nor heard of SmartCurrencyExchange.

(04-04-2022, 06:03 PM)Bill Wrote: We do have a Sabadell account but I am assuming a currency exchange firm will offer better rates than a bank.

That's correct. A bank will never offer better rates, nor a service and will possibly charge additional fees for no particular reason. Banks are about 10 years behind and are betting on their customers to never look elsewhere.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks Sam - I think that is a fair summary!
2 users say Thank You to Bill for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alternatives To Wise For Moving Money Tardis 9 830 06-01-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Will
  Money Transfer Speed - TransferWise MLA 48 16,954 20-06-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Johnrgby
  Moving money into Euros FVmouse 4 4,243 28-08-2020, 06:54 PM
Last Post: F1refly999
  Money transfer Si Tie 21 11,450 18-05-2019, 09:35 AM
Last Post: windermeregolfer