This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
paperwork application fees fee nie

NIE Application Fee
Anyone know the current fee for an NIE application with the EX-18 form?  Managed to find fees for 2016 all the way to 2018, but not the current fee!

Also, anyone recent knowledge of getting someone (eg Solicitor, Gestor etc) to do this and what they charge. 

PM if you prefer and I will post a summary in due course.

TIA,

Tom.
1 user says Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Sorry Tom, no idea ☹️
Ours was back in 2017 but all part of the purchase & when I asked if we were getting a detailed breakdown of costs was told they would have to charge some few hundred euros more if we wanted it. That was Fuerteventura Law. Good enough service but wasn’t too happy with that answer TBH
1 user says Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
Contact Miguel at BoxxPro for help with these  things . Much more reasonable prices than a lawyer
https://www.facebook.com/theboxxpro/?__t...VAF6m34T1C
2 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
Another recommendation for Miguel. He’s Spanish(so gets listened to!), speaks perfect German and English, and is a really nice guy. Most Helpful.
2 users say Thank You to Decho for this post
Reply Quote
I've emailed Miguel.  Thanks both.

Tom.
1 user says Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
The actual fee is not much (probably less than €12 unless it has gone up drastically in the last two years). The fee from someone like Boxxpro should be between 50-100€ I guess.  We actually had help from a friend. You need to have a reason to need to apply, like house  or car purchase or rental contract. We had to get a letter from an estate agent to say we were actively looking to purchase.
1 user says Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
Tom it may be a silly question but why do you need  to make an NIE application? I thought your already had a property on the Island so should have one to have bought that.

Our lawyer organised ours as part of the house purchase in March 2016 and as far as I know they don't expire.

I also recommend Miguel at BoxxPro as he was great in getting our Residencia sort last December
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
1 user says Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
Hi John, it's not for me, I already have one, but for a friend. Like you, our solicitor did ours as part of our house purchase/will writing when we settled in Cotillo.  As it was bundled in with other work, I never knew how much she charged. 

Tom.
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Tom. If you read my post of 15 Feb in this section, I explain. Simples!

If you have a time-limited NIE, then it does need to be updated.
2 users say Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
(02-06-2019, 10:31 AM)Archer Wrote: Tom. If you read my post of 15 Feb in this section, I explain. Simples!

If you have a time-limited NIE, then it does need to be updated.

Archer how can you tell if your NIE is time limited?
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
1 user says Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Residencia application conditions martin_robson 7 5,565 11-07-2020, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Lexeus