This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
ferry lanzarote

New ferry to Lanzarote
Saw this posted on FB today.

"As Fuerteventura News had already announced last October, the vessel Alcantara 2 will replace the line of the Volcan de Tindaya vessel and will do so for Corralejo-Arrecife while the latter makes its obligatory stop.

The service will start on the 21st, and during the week of the 14th to the 20th, it will be suspended for works on the Corralejo beached ramp.

The catamaran, which is part of the high-speed fleet of Armas - Trasmediterránea, was making the route from the city of Malaga to Melilla and was previously covering the line between Mallorca and Menorca.

78.60 meters in length, capacity for 575 people and 120 vehicles are the arguments of this boat that reaches a speed of 30 knots.

The length of the ship, which was testing docking at the Port of Corralejo last October, leaves no room for maneuver at the dock of Playa Blanca so that already at that time it was suspected that the line would be another port of destination in Lanzarote. Arrecife would be the candidate and the route is covered in one hour.

The capacity of this vessel is limited, so it will not be possible to accept vehicles such as iron or bus, the duration of the journey will be approximately one hour, with the following schedules:

*From Monday to Friday

Corralejo-Arrecife: 09: 30 // 14: 15 // 18: 00

Arrecife-Corralejo: 07: 30 // 12: 30 // 16: 15

*Saturdays and Sundays

Corralejo-Arrecife: 10: 15 // 18: 15

Arrecife-Corralejo: 08: 30 // 16: 30 "

I'm not sure what month the dates refer to, but judging by the Armas site, it is this month.
1 user says Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
It came into in Corralejo today and moored up by the refurbished loading ramp, presumably to check the loading arrangements. I took a few pictures.

JOhn

Do not do unto others as you would that they should do unto you. Their tastes may not be the same.
George Bernard Shaw, Maxims for Revolutionaries
3 users say Thank You to the_jg for this post
Reply Quote
We saw them 'testing' the route in October. I have a photo of it passing us on the old Armas ferry.
1 user says Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
I'm booked on it on 24th - day return to IKEA! Seemed like too good a chance to miss. Wink
Living my dream
1 user says Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
The afternoon boat needed three tries to get in today with the high spring tide exposing so much windage that it the bow was blown out too far to get a rope on it.
In the end the skipper had to reverse past the mooring spot and then spin the boat to get the bow in at about 30 degrees before using power to get the stern in.
A superb bit of seamanship in very trying circumstances.
JOhn

Do not do unto others as you would that they should do unto you. Their tastes may not be the same.
3 users say Thank You to the_jg for this post
Reply Quote
As an aside, as an ex-seafarer.
Ships don't reverse, they go astern.
Apologies to landlubbers...
2 users say Thank You to Bertie for this post
Reply Quote
(22-01-2019, 04:52 PM)Bertie Wrote: As an aside, as an ex-seafarer.

??????
1 user says Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
Cars etc. reverse.
Ships either go for 'ard or astern.
Ask any matelot.......
2 users say Thank You to Bertie for this post
Reply Quote
(22-01-2019, 04:52 PM)Bertiebb Wrote: As an aside, as an ex-seafarer.

Apology not needed - I was a canal boat "ditchcrawler" for many years and remembered encountering the same problem in a near gale at Sharpness. I was impressed with the way the skipper handled a boat rather bigger than my 57 feet and 16 tons - especially as he apparently had no side-thrusters to help him..
As you probably know the terminology is somewhat different using left and right, etc. including such words as "steerer" for the person in charge of the boat.
JOhn

2 users say Thank You to the_jg for this post
Reply Quote
Sorry for the delay in reporting back - its been a busy few days!

Arrived at Corralejo docks at 9am ready to check in for 9.30am sailing. Presented all the right paperwork in the office but Armas staff were unable to convert our booking into Boarding Cards until 9.25am!! Other customers checked in while we were kept waiting so I still don't understand what the problem was. Luckily they contacted the loading crew and got them to hold the boat for us! When we eventually drove on there were exactly 5 other cars and 2 vans, a couple of foot passengers - almost a private cruise. 52€ for 4 residents, 1 dog, 1 car, return - very good value.
An hours crossing, Weather a bit cloudy but fairly warm for the time of day. I thought the crossing was very smooth buy my friend availed herself of my emergency carrier bag!

To be continued, laptop problem ...
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Armas ferry Morro Jable / Gran Canaria TamaraEnLaPlaya 3 369 02-03-2024, 07:30 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Ferry to Morocco Robbo 11 7,006 17-01-2024, 07:32 PM
  Ooops! - Armas fast ferry hits dock at Morro Jable TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 541 25-06-2023, 08:35 PM
  Armas - Morro Jable to GC - new ferry TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 580 31-05-2023, 07:39 PM
  Queues for ferry from Cadiz TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 587 28-10-2022, 07:28 PM