This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
fue lz cable submarine electric

New submarine electric cable LZ - FUE
from Noticias:

Red eléctrica starts the new submarine link between Fuerteventura and Lanzarote.

The laying begins from the town of Playa Blanca this coming Tuesday, November 16 with 17,022 kilometers of laying to the majorera substation

According to the newspaper La Provincia, Red Eléctrica starts next Tuesday, November 16, in Playa Blanca, the laying of the cable for the new submarine interconnection between the islands of Lanzarote and Fuerteventura.

The Leonardo Da Vinci cable boat will begin laying work in waters near the beach of Las Coloradas, tasks that will continue in the coming days until its arrival in Fuerteventura.

The follow-up of these works of the cable temptation will be attended by the president of the Cabildo de Lanzarote, María Dolores Corujo Berriel; the mayor of Yaiza, Óscar Manuel Noda González; the Director General of Energy of the Government of the Canary Islands, Rosa Ana Melián Domínguez; Red Eléctrica's Director of Investment and Transmission Management projects, Ramón Granadino Goenechea, and Red Eléctrica's delegate in the Canary Islands, Ainara Irigoyen Zarragoicoechea.

17,022 kilometers long

For the study of the route of the interconnection, an environmental inventory has been carried out of the scope of study considered specific for the terrestrial cable sections and for the marine section of the Bocaina Strait, an area large enough to accommodate all the alternatives of passage of the electric cable between the two planned substations, of 132 kV La Oliva (Fuerteventura) and 132 kV Playa Blanca (Lanzarote).

The electrical interconnection will have a total length of 17,022 km distributed in an underground route between the new substation projected at 132 kV Playa Blanca, in Lanzarote, and the sea of approximately 1.76 km, plus an underwater route of approximately 14.6 km that will pass underground in the seabed through the use of the techniques of "jetting" and "trenching" depending on the substrate. Finally, an underground route between the point of terrage of the marine cable and the new substation at 132 kV La Oliva, in Fuerteventura, of approximately 638.7 m.

As a constructive particularity, the use of the technique of horizontal directed drilling to connect the terrestrial cable with the marine one should be highlighted. This technique allows to save the first hundreds of meters by passing the electrical cable through a microtunnel, below the seabed, thus nullifying the effects on the biological communities in the section of the drilling and ensuring the safety of the installation.

A more robust system for sustainability

At present there is a submarine cable between Lanzarote and Fuerteventura, put into service in 2005, of 14.5 kilometers and that transports electricity to 66 kilovolts (kV) in alternating current, which allowed to form an electrical system that currently adds 438.3 megawatts of conventional and renewable power installed, with Lanzarote contributing to a greater degree than the island of Majorera.

According to the entity that assumes the initiative, the submarine interconnection is "an essential action to achieve a more stable and robust electricity system, promoting the sustainability of the electricity system", with the particularity that it will facilitate the comfortable integration of electricity production of renewable origin, mainly from wind installations. The new interconnection, reinforcing the existing one, "will provide redundancy to the interconnection and improve the possibilities and conditions of maintenance of the electricity system and eliminate generation restrictions".

https://www.noticiasfuerteventura.com/fu...-lanzarote
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
anyone know how much of our power is now wind and solar generated,  or when we can rely on it for the majority of our needs?
Life is short.....Be kind to one another  Smile
1 user says Thank You to classic for this post
Reply Quote
(14-11-2021, 09:54 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: from Noticias:

Red eléctrica starts the new submarine link between Fuerteventura and Lanzarote.

The laying begins from the town of Playa Blanca this coming Tuesday, November 16 with 17,022 kilometers of laying to the majorera substation

Take it that should be 17.022 (Seventeen) not 17,022 (Seventeen Thousand) 😊😊😊
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
2 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
I've got so used to a comma separating euros and cents that thousands didn't even occur to me! 🤣
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(15-11-2021, 08:56 AM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: I've got so used to a comma separating euros and cents that thousands didn't even occur to me! 🤣

It still confuses the hell out of me Tamara, and I have a degree in Applied Mathematics  Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
I was out by the cable layer this morning, fantastic.
Also the sail trainer was down south off Lobos having come up from PR last night, absolutely beautiful fully rigged and underway.
A good morning all round.
4 users say Thank You to DavidP for this post
Reply Quote
This afternoon  - just offshore from the desalination plant.

[Image: fpbvUGt.jpg]
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Radio Sintonia:

The parliamentary spokesman of Nueva Canarias (NC), Luis Campos, highlighted in commission the progress in the penetration and management of renewable energies in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura with the new marine interconnection between both islands. The deputy of the progressive canaristas emphasized the development of electricity planning to face one of the greatest weaknesses of the Canary Islands, the isolated systems that with this last cable go from seven to six. Campos defended the "greatest possible integration" in the Archipelago.
With a question to the Deputy Minister of Fight against Climate Change and the Ecological Transition of the Government, Ángel Pérez, the NC spokesman addressed the situation of the electricity planning of the Archipelago for the period from 2021 to 2026 after the official inauguration, in the middle of last October, of the new submarine link between Fuerteventura and Lanzarote. A project carried out by Red Eléctrica Española (REE), with an investment of 36 million euros and which allows the interconnection between both islands through the substations of Playa Blanca and the municipality of La Oliva.
Luis Campos highlighted this infrastructure as it allows progress in the penetration and management of renewable energies that, in the last four years, have gone from 10% to 16%, in the two territories referred to. It will also facilitate, stressed the NC spokesman, reducing dependence on fossil fuels and reducing carbon dioxide emissions with the aim of reaching the decarbonization of the Canary Islands in 2040.
This infrastructure, added Campos, will also serve to face one of the energy weaknesses of the Archipelago by enabling the reduction of the seven existing independent systems to six. In NC's view, "further integration is always preferable."
An approach that progresses, he added, with the interconnection project between La Gomera and Tenerife, which already has the environmental impact statement and whose work, according to Deputy Minister Pérez; It will be able to start during the first quarter of 2023.
Living my dream
4 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote