This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
itv pre possible

Possible to pre date an ITV?
Our ITV on our car is due in January but is it possible to get the car tested any earlier as in the UK you can get a 13 month ticket? With the current situation not sure when we will be returning to FV,
2 users say Thank You to Nemo4 for this post
Reply Quote
You can take a vehicle for an ITV test up to one month before the expiration of the current ITV certificate and it does not affect the expiration date of the current certificate. So if your current certificate is due to run out on the 31 December you could take the car in for a new ITV from the 1st December. If it passes the ITV will then last until the 31st December the following year.
5 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks Captain for that info..
Previously we have gone with 2 weeks to spare but with the current situation in a state of flux ...who knows!!??
2 users say Thank You to Nemo4 for this post
Reply Quote
You could leave your car keys with someone and get them to take it for the ITV. (As long as insurance etc current).
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(10-09-2020, 07:14 PM)Captain Sensible Wrote: You can take a vehicle for an ITV test up to one month before the expiration of the current ITV certificate and it does not affect the expiration date of the current certificate. So if your current certificate is due to run out on the 31 December you could take the car in for a new ITV from the 1st December. If it passes the ITV will then last until the 31st December the following year.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the ITV done more than a month in advance? I would willingly sacrifice 1 or 2 months of the current ITV to get it done early! Basically my buggy is in a garage at El Matorral being repaired (cost 100E to grua it there!). The ITV is due in January. I'd really like to get the ITV done while it is over on that side of the island.
Living my dream
1 user says Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(19-11-2021, 07:40 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote:
(10-09-2020, 07:14 PM)Captain Sensible Wrote: You can take a vehicle for an ITV test up to one month before the expiration of the current ITV certificate and it does not affect the expiration date of the current certificate. So if your current certificate is due to run out on the 31 December you could take the car in for a new ITV from the 1st December. If it passes the ITV will then last until the 31st December the following year.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the ITV done more than a month in advance? I would willingly sacrifice 1 or 2 months of the current ITV to get it done early! Basically my buggy is in a garage at El Matorral being repaired (cost 100E to grua it there!). The ITV is due in January. I'd really like to get the ITV done while it is over on that side of the island.

I'm sure you can. For example if you buy a second-hand car from a dealer they will put a full year/2years ITV on it.
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
As an aside, I called in at Motorbike place in La Hondura today to see if my buggy part had arrived, it hadn't, but there were a number of Trafico & Local Policia vehicles lined up outside! In for service or for sale? Tempted  Big Grin

[Image: LCGCjs5.jpg]
Living my dream
1 user says Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
my ITV expired because I stupidly never noticed. Thankfully never stopped. 
When discussing with Spanish neighbour told ni un problema just make online appointment
Duly done and on arrival at test station n comments or questions.
Sticker duly issued and from that date not the old expired date.
That was my experience what the situation would have been if stopped i really do not know, at the time pre brexit passport stamps I was going to say I had been on holiday when it expired.
2 users say Thank You to DavidP for this post
Reply Quote