This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Poll: What works better for you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Old post first on the top - as it is right now
60.00%
6 60.00%
New post on the top
40.00%
4 40.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Posts order
Hi Sam,
Not a problem, just a question if I may. Is it possible to reverse the order of the postings on my (or anyone else’s) individual view ? Would save having to scroll through the pages once threads get a bit longer, cheers . . Ron

ps - forum looking good & coming on well . . Well done
4 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(04-11-2018, 12:22 PM)Spitfire58 Wrote: Hi Sam,
Not a problem, just a question if I may. Is it possible to reverse the order of the postings on my (or anyone else’s) individual view ? Would save having to scroll through the pages once threads get a bit longer, cheers . . Ron

Hi Sam 

I agree, or go to the last post you viewed as the dark side seems to do
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
2 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your suggestion. Do you know about the "New" icon taking you straight to the unread posts? Will that sort the issue of scrolling through? There's also the "last post" on the right site you can click on to get you there.

Reading from the bottom wouldn't make much of sense to me but I can be a bit old school sometimes. Let me know if it'll work for you, please. I'll also check the code if I can do anything about it.

I'm just worried about the new user experience, clicking on the thread name and having to scroll up to the beginning. Or somebody who wasn't online for a couple of days...

Thanks Sam.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
I think the "New" button does the job.  On all the other forums I use, posts are arranged in chronological order, starting with the first.  I'd agree it could be confusing for new users to reverse the order of posts.

Regards,
Peter
3 users say Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote
(04-11-2018, 12:57 PM)windermeregolfer Wrote:

Hi Sam 

We have the "Last post" clickable here too.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(04-11-2018, 01:20 PM)Sam Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 12:57 PM)windermeregolfer Wrote:

Hi Sam 

We have the "Last post" clickable here too.
Yes I have just tried that and it works plus I have just spotted the order buttons Newest or Oldest
1 user says Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
(04-11-2018, 01:24 PM)windermeregolfer Wrote: Yes I have just tried that and it works plus I have just spotted the order buttons Newest or Oldest

I've just spotted those too!  Were they there before, or has Sam just added them?  It's fascinating how we can tailor the forum.

Peter
1 user says Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote
Where are the “newest or oldest buttons”  Huh I can’t/don’t see them  Tongue
1 user says Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(04-11-2018, 01:37 PM)Spitfire58 Wrote: Where are the “newest or oldest buttons”  Huh I can’t/don’t see them  Tongue

Ron  bottom left corner as part of grey frame Wink Wink
2 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
(04-11-2018, 08:10 PM)windermeregolfer Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 01:37 PM)Spitfire58 Wrote: Where are the “newest or oldest buttons”  Huh I can’t/don’t see them  Tongue

Ron  bottom left corner as part of grey frame Wink Wink

Doh !!! If they were any bigger I could fall over them. Thanks John
4 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adding pics to posts? TamaraEnLaPlaya 2 602 16-08-2023, 08:11 AM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  How to block posts from another user Sam 11 4,645 10-01-2020, 10:45 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya