This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Profumi Italiani pizzeria ristorante - closed down
Hi ,does anyone know what happened with the Italian restaurant Profumo that was above Caxia bank in Caleta ? Surprised to see it was closed up and for rent last week when we were over , it had been there years

EDIT: changed the title. Original title was: "Restaurants in Caleta de Fuste". Sam
2 users say Thank You to Derry for this post
Reply Quote
We were over & few weeks ago & cant say I noticed it was gone. I think a lot of businesses are struggling with the drop in tourism numbers over the last couple of years ☹️
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
Story we have heard is that after an attack on the way home one night they have decided that as they also have a restaurant in PDR and they are concentrating on that, they are also selling their villa on La Estancia.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
2 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
Hi John, that’s a real shame if the story is correct , hopefully the owners are ok after the attack and the Police catch those responsible . We use to really enjoy going there and watching the world go by below .
2 users say Thank You to Derry for this post
Reply Quote
I didn't know that it had closed.  I've never seen it busy.
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
(09-02-2020, 04:35 PM)windermeregolfer Wrote: Story we have heard is that after an attack on the way home one night they have decided that as they also have a restaurant in PDR and they are concentrating on that, they are also selling their vills on La Estancia.

That's terrible. We went to go a few weeks ago for the first time and were surprised to find it closed as we know it had been there a long time, we just never got around to visiting!

Did this attack happen in Caleta? Very worrying for business owners if that sort of thing is happening...  Sad
3 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
If I remember correctly it was closed well before Christmas, we started using this restaurant 3 years or more ago and it varied as to how busy it was some nights all the tables outside and on the covered walk way terrace were full other nights very quiet.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
2 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
It opened in the summer of 2015.  Before that it was El Sol Mio.
3 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
The older gentleman and his wife, who iI have always assumed were the owners, live near us, nice couple, but I must admit we have never been fans of their restaurant, possibly the least authentic homemade pasta I have tasted anywhere, but sorry they had to close for the reason they did.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Yep, definitely closed down before Christmas, possibly in November. Have to agree John, not the best Italian restaurant around. The food used to be sort of average, although we've tried quite a few times, especially back in 2015/2016.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hopscotch Restaurant Opening in the former Profumi Captain Sensible 11 5,883 23-12-2022, 08:06 AM
Last Post: windermeregolfer
  The Lord Nelson has closed fatherted 0 1,797 30-06-2020, 05:02 PM
Last Post: fatherted