This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
battery laptop pavillion hp replacement

Replacement battery for HP Pavillion laptop
(23-11-2020, 11:18 PM)Maggie76 Wrote: I think the repair shops are not really a solution as still need to source a battery. ( Which I can fit myself)
I have tried Spanish Amazon but it is asking me for an id card for custom purposes and passport Id is not accepted.

Surely any repair shop would be willing to order for you via Spanish Amazon if it's available on the site and will ship here? They might charge a nominal fee for doing so, but at least you'd have one. Worth an email or phone-call at least!
2 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
Have tried to ring all. Only got through to the repair center, the guy moved away and is now in Madrid. He was really helpful and tried to source a battery for us but no luck. Will keep trying...
2 users say Thank You to Maggie76 for this post
Reply Quote
You will have a lot of trouble shipping a battery.

IATA (International Air Transport Association) have banned the shipping of most Lithium-Ion battery by plane. This is due to the fact that the batteries can be susceptible to random ignition if the conditions are not correct and the battery is not packaged correctly.

Batteries that are contained within electronics ARE allowed. Up to a capacity of 100Wh (IIRC)
Batteries which are just a battery, but have protection circuits and no exposed contacts providing full voltage ARE allowed up to a certain capacity (100w/h IIRC) - such as power banks
Batteries which are just a battery, without the proper casing, with exposed contacts, without protection circuits are called CELLS and ARE NOT ALLOWED except for very very very specific cases and circumstances.

These apply to both passengers and Cargo.

If you are travelling as a passenger, All LI.ION batteries must be held in the cabin, and not allowed to go into the hold.
P.S. I often use this as an excuse to keep my hand luggage on me and not be forced to send to hold "My hand luggage contains lithium-ion batteries that exceed the allowed amount for hold luggage according to the IATA rules, therefore I must take the hand luggage on board the plane"

https://www.iata.org/en/programs/cargo/d...batteries/

RE Original Problem of laptop replacement battery.

Possible Solutiuons:

1. Find someone who is flying in. Check battery specs and ensure its safe to fly with it in hand luggage.
2. Find a way to ship the laptop back to the UK, declaring that it contains LI-ION batteries (will cost more) then have battery swapped in the UK and shipped back here.
3. Find a local repair shop, you will probably need to visit many, get quotes, let them handle everything.

Sorry I didn't spot this earlier. I was in Mainland Spain last week and drove back - so would have avoided any IATA rules. Sorry Sad
The Local Friendly Tech and Media Guy << Link
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
5 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replacement cover for hot tub gattaca66 3 1,079 02-11-2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: beachlife
  Where to get a Camera battery classic 3 2,939 06-01-2022, 08:32 AM
Last Post: classic
  Replacement hot tub lid beachlife 2 2,831 08-09-2021, 01:09 PM
Last Post: beachlife
  Laptop repairs: recommendations needed Cotillo_Tom 6 4,361 25-02-2020, 11:34 AM
Last Post: McAdam
  Replacement Phone Screen Needed Sir Real 5 3,379 11-01-2020, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Sir Real