This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
legion appeal british poppy 2019 royal

Royal British Legion Poppy appeal 2019
I will be once again carrying out the RBL poppy appeal in Fuerteventura.
Work wise I am extremely busy so once again I am asking for a volunteer in the Caleta area who could assist me in the distribution of collection boxes. I will prepare all the boxes/tins etc and would drop them to you...I simply need assistance in dropping the boxes at various shops & bars who participate in the collection. I live in Corralejo and that makes things a little harder as some bars do not open until evening and some shops etc shut in the evening so for me it generally means 2 trips down and then a further 2 trips to collect the boxes after the 11th.
I have been doing this now for several years but simply am struggling to find the time now and unfortunately if I cannot get help then this will most likely be the final year that I can do it...I do not want to cease collecting as this charity is dear to me. I have assistance in distributing the boxes in Corralejo it is simply Caleta which takes up most of my time.
4 users say Thank You to fourthwisemonkey for this post
Reply Quote
I would be happy to help you with this as I live in Caleta and have enough spare time to help out if required.

Willie
9 users say Thank You to willie5094 for this post
Reply Quote
THanks willie. PM sent
2 users say Thank You to fourthwisemonkey for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks Dave PM sent.
1 user says Thank You to willie5094 for this post
Reply Quote
I haven't seen any poppies for sale this year, 2020. Does anyone know anywhere selling them? (Puerto del Rosario or North of island preferred.)
Living my dream
5 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Try the British shop, they usually have them in stock (or they do in Caleta)
Life is short.....Be kind to one another  Smile
3 users say Thank You to classic for this post
Reply Quote
In Caleta they are in, El Perro Loco, Zanzibar, Dog & Duck, The Bell in Monicastillo centre, Brit Foods and British Foods Stores. I know for a fact they are in these establishments as I distributed them for Dave Jennings from Corrallejo.
3 users say Thank You to willie5094 for this post
Reply Quote