This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
cancellation fue santander escritura mortgage buyers

SANTANDER FUE - mortgage cancellation on BUYERS (!) escritura
Feedback appreciated!

In Nov 2023 we bought a house. The seller had a mortgage with Santander. We bought with out a mortgage. Bank representative was not present at the notary. Purchase tax has been paid and all other associated costs. Solicitor (well known and respected) keeps chasing Santander to remove charges via "certificate" from the deeds. In April the seller came to the bank to sign a document back dated to November 2023 saying the mortgage has been settled (paid off in full). Santander told solicitor, who told us, since March 2024 that they will get certificates done and remove the charges from the title (nota simpla). Then we are told on the 7th June 2024 the bank will sign the certificates. This has not happened, the guy with delegated authority is now on hols until the end of June 2024. 

We cannot file "reclamaciones" with Santander, as are not customers and so have no relationship with them. It appears that we could go to the regulator (Banco de Espana) and file the reclamacion with them. I told on our visit to Santander local branch that this smells like fraud to me and I am thinking of calling the Police. The guy there is indifferent.

What do you think? Are we being scammed, as there is still charge on the property? I asked the solicitor many times on what is the process, given the seller had a mortgage, but had no answer, or at least clear and concise one, reflecting the actual process or anywhere near.

Should I call "bobbies"?
2 users say Thank You to OldHag for this post
Reply Quote
Go to get advice from another solicitor.

Tom.
3 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
I agree with Tom, get advice from another unrelated solicitor. You could always name and shame the solicitor that’s messing you about, others might have had poor experiences with them.
3 users say Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
Very tempting idea. Thanks for contributing.
2 users say Thank You to OldHag for this post
Reply Quote