This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

[-]
Tags
under shops lockdown supermarkets

Shops & supermarkets under lockdown!
Just been to Lidl & Mercadona, processes much as described.  Drive includes 5 roundabouts there and 5 back and not a Police or garda civil car to be seen.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
4 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
(01-04-2020, 10:39 AM)windermeregolfer Wrote: Just been to Lidl & Mercadona, processes much as described.  Drive includes 5 roundabouts there and 5 back and not a police or garda civil car to be seen.

Smile The only one I saw on Monday was at the end of my road Rolleyes
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Received a phone call yesterday from the Health Centre changing my Monday appointment to today, no issues with that so I went and did the weekly shop while I was out, Lidl,s  car park had 3 Guardia and 4 soldiers stood around, While Mercadonna,s car park had 6 soldiers, none of them were interacting with anyone, but still a tad unnerving.
Incidentally, while I was at the Health  Centre, they were using large quantities of what smelled like diluted disinfectant, all over the road, pavements, and walkway up to the medical centre. {The cleaning lady in the health Centre was not at all amused }
5 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
They've been spraying our village centre with that every other day, pavement outside shop and bar (even though closed!), the general bins and the recycling containers, the bus stops and the post box!
Living my dream
4 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Not sure about other markets but the one in Gran Tarajal is apparently taking place every Tuesday and Friday morning.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Are you sure Sam? Have you been there?
1 user says Thank You to erik_tonny for this post
Reply Quote
Am I asking too much, or have all the shops been shut down?

I thought I might start a few diy projects. But I need some materials. Obviously they are not considered 'esential' items, so I cannot justify going out to buy paint etc, but has any enterprising company thought of taking telephone/online orders and delivering? Like Monto or Ideal?

Or is it against the rules? 

Maybe after Friday when the business restrictions are relaxed? Any ideas?
2 users say Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
I'm not aware of business restrictions being relaxed this weekend, where have you heard that?
A number of ferreterias are open, likely with reduced hours, Marcial for instance in Corralejo. I would imagine that there would be ferreterias open in most locations.
2 users say Thank You to milestone11 for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks. Marcial is too far away. Cannot justify travelling that far. Haven't seen any local to me. I'll look tomorrow whilst going to the supermarket.

El Pais said "The proposed extension of the state of alarm does not apply to the emergency decree announced by Sánchez last Saturday that suspended all non-essential activity until Thursday April 9. That means that these sectors should be able to resume activity after Easter."

Anyone else know anyone delivering??
2 users say Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
There was an Electron van delivering in our street yesterday, what they were delivering I have no idea, but that would suggest that Ideal can as well.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Businesses Re-opening After Lockdown Ducks 109 40,036 19-04-2021, 11:22 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  New lockdown in Spain coming Archer 9 6,435 13-08-2020, 11:02 AM
Last Post: el caballo hambriento