This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
No email after registration? Check your spam folder please. If it's not there, contact us at click@fuerteventura.click

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
playa beach aguila steps

Steps Beach - Playa del Aguila
Steps beach near El Cotillo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I Heart Fuerteventura
5 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Hi Sam, have the steps been replaced or repaired yet?

Tom
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
(18-12-2018, 05:56 PM)Cotillo_Tom Wrote: Hi Sam, have the steps been replaced or repaired yet?

Tom

Nope. I don't think they'll ever get repaired. Unless some locals will do it "unofficially", the same way the first ones were build - as I've been told.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(18-12-2018, 05:56 PM)Cotillo_Tom Wrote: Hi Sam, have the steps been replaced or repaired yet?

Tom

Def not repaired 1st week in November when we were there, sorry no photo
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
2 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
(19-12-2018, 08:51 AM)windermeregolfer Wrote:

Tom

Def not repaired 1st week in November when we were there, sorry no photo

And to prove it pictures taken 29/12/18 - 

4 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
Went for a spin on my buggy this afternoon from Tindaya towards El Cotillo. Got about as far as Steps Beach when buggy broke down. My heartfelt thanks to MLA & Mrs MLA who responded to my distress call!
ps, I nearly pushed the old buggy over the cliffs but environmental concerns stopped me  Big Grin . However I have decided to sell it and buy a new one. I'm not mechanically minded and this is not the first time it's let me down  Sad 

A few pics while I waited for assistance:

[Image: u0KmF3e.jpg] [Image: LnQ2Pj4.jpg] [Image: YWhzcgh.jpg]
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Few extra photos taken a couple of weeks ago. Never seen the beach this busy before, there was over 15 cars parked on the top of the cliff.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Onda Fuerteventura has published an article about the repair of the stairs. The article contains some photos of the new stairs but also shows how derelict it has been before refurbishment.

click here for the article

"Playa del Águila is better known as the beach of "La Escalera" because of this access to which many people are attracted by the spectacular views as you walk along it. The state in which this infrastructure was found was quite dangerous for its users because it did not have properly built foundations. The Beaches Department of the La Oliva Town Hall, with Julio Santana in charge, has proceeded to reform its structure, providing it with a new pavement and handrails, mimicking the environment in which it is located."
3 users say Thank You to Fabian for this post
Reply Quote
Wow what a fantastic job

2 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
Looks great, so pleased it's been done! But I won't be using them - got vertigo just looking at the pics 🤣
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote