This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
championship insular land slalom

The Insular Land Slalom Championship
Radio Sintonia:

The Insular Land Slalom Championship begins.

The Insular Slalom Championship on Land begins with 25 teams registered, this Saturday, August 26 at 12:00 hours, with the celebration of the I Slalom Antigua Punta Goma.

"25 vehicles take the start, participating outstanding pilots and co-pilots, mainly from Lanzarote and Fuerteventura, being the hosts and godparents of this edition, the pilot Aníbal Hernández Acosta and his son, this time as co-pilot, Jonathan Hernández Ávila, participating with his legendary Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX ", says the mayor of Antigua, Matías Peña García.

"A first edition, which marks the beginning of a race on a dirt track that also starts the season of the Insular Dirt Slalom Championship in Fuerteventura," says the Councilor for Sports, Samuel Torres Mesa. "We fulfill the commitment to the pilots to maintain and consolidate the motor tests in the Municipality, this time collaborating with the motor clubs Tibiabín, Betan, FuerteMotor and Adael R.S. to guarantee the organization of exciting tests like this I Slalom of Antigua."

The spokesman of the test, Ernesto Suárez, is very grateful to all those involved. It is everyone's job, he says, and we are in line to continue adding tests and stages, very happy with the teams that are registered and those who contacted us to give us their support when having problems to take the start, "he concludes.

link to article for pic of mentioned race car
Living my dream
1 user says Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Radio Sintonia:

Father and son sweep the I Slalom Antigua Punta Goma.

Father and son sweep the I Slalom Antigua Punta Goma. Aníbal and Jonathan Hernández were proclaimed champions of the first test on land.

In an exciting motorsport weekend, the I Slalom Antigua Punta Goma marked the beginning of the Insular Land Slalom Championship in Fuerteventura 2023. The event left its mark by crowning an unstoppable duo as champions and opening the way to a competition full of adrenaline and passion for speed.

The insurmountable team formed by Aníbal and Jonathan Hernández won the victory in this spectacular inauguration. The duo, composed of the veteran and prestigious pilot Aníbal Hernández, who has won the title of champion of the Canary Islands twice, and his son Jonathan Hernández, a rising promise in the world of racing, were positioned as the first classified in the island.

The I Slalom Antigua Punta Goma was the result of the union of efforts between the renowned automobile clubs Tibiabin, Betan, Fuertemotor and Adael R.T., with the valuable support of the Las Palmas Automobile Federation.

Matías Peña García, mayor of the place, highlighted this teamwork and affirmed that this collaboration will also pave the way for the expected resumption and success of the next Rally of Antigua in 2024.

The trophy ceremony was attended by various key players in the world of motorsport, including representatives of motor clubs, the president of the Automobile Federation of Las Palmas, Miguel Ángel Domínguez, and Enrique Pérez Brito, representing the Cabildo de Fuerteventura.

Samuel Torres, Councilor for Sports, took the opportunity to congratulate the organizers and highlight the evident camaraderie among the participating teams. In addition, Torres paid tribute to the team of Javier Fránquiz, who, unfortunately, had to abandon the race due to problems in the engine of his vehicle.

With Aníbal and Jonathan Hernández at the helm, this event promises to be only the first chapter of a season full of emotions and achievements on the dirt tracks.
Living my dream
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windsurfing & Kiteboarding World championship returns to Sotavento 2023 TamaraEnLaPlaya 2 977 23-07-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: TrickyFox
  Tenerife Karate Championship TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 776 06-03-2023, 07:55 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Windsurfing & Kitesurfing Championship 2022 TamaraEnLaPlaya 1 1,021 06-07-2022, 10:25 PM
  Fuerte Action Windsurfing Speed World Championship 30th June 2022 TamaraEnLaPlaya 3 1,313 06-07-2022, 10:24 PM
  Motocross - Canarian Championship at the Los Alares Circuit 7/12/19 Captain Sensible 0 2,602 03-12-2019, 02:39 PM
Last Post: Captain Sensible