This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
canary archipelago number tests taken total

Total number of tests taken in the Canary archipelago
Split of the Coronavirus discussion thread.

To date, 2,138 people have been tested...
I Heart Fuerteventura
4 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Does anyone have testing figures?
1 user says Thank You to milestone11 for this post
Reply Quote
(24-03-2020, 06:16 PM)Captain Sensible Wrote: Up to 23 cases by 5pm this afternoon. 22 are active.

https://www.ondafuerteventura.es/fuertev...KZR-gL7pRA

My greatest fear is that the number of confirmed cases does not vary greatly to the numbers tested. My optimism is constantly kicked in the teeth by my naturally pessimistic view of Fuerteventura's media.
1 user says Thank You to milestone11 for this post
Reply Quote
(24-03-2020, 06:29 PM)milestone 11 Wrote: My greatest fear is that the number of confirmed cases does not vary greatly to the numbers tested. My optimism is constantly kicked in the teeth by my naturally pessimistic view of Fuerteventura's media.

That's nothing new and the case anywhere in the world. Not enough tests, resources, etc.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
From RadioSintonia today:

Almost 8000 people have been tested in the Canary Islands of the COVID-19

In the Canary Islands, since the beginning of the health crisis, the Ministry of Health enabled five laboratories to carry out these tests: those of the four reference hospital centers in each of the capital islands and that of the José Molina Orosa Hospital in Lanzarote, although this last at retail rate, given the lower availability of materials for analysis.
According to the latest records, the Nuestra Señora de La Candelaria Hospital Complex (CHUNSC) has carried out some 4,500 tests from its area of action that includes Santa Cruz de Tenerife and the South of the island as well as the islands of La Gomera and El Hierro.
The Canary Islands University Hospital Complex (CHUC) has carried out 2,000 tests both in the municipality of La Laguna and in the north of the island and on La Palma.
In the province of Las Palmas, the Doctor Negrín University Hospital of Gran Canaria has carried out approximately 1,300 tests and the Maternal and Child Insular University Hospital Complex (CHUIMI) has carried out more than 1,200; the rest have been carried out by the José Molina Orosa Hospital in Lanzarote.
The Government of the Canary Islands insists on the need to extend the diagnostic tests to a greater number of people, first of all to health and socio-health personnel and to essential bodies such as the security forces and the operators of the citizen service telephone lines.

For this reason, the regional executive has insisted that the Ministry of Health carry out the shipment of the committed rapid tests in the shortest possible time in order to be able to determine with greater precision the situation of the pandemic in the islands and to be able to carry out the pertinent health action and foresee possible scenarios for subsequent actions.

Tamara: looks like no analysis is actually taking place on Fuerte! Must be going over to Lanza or GC.
Living my dream
7 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(29-03-2020, 10:45 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: Almost 8000 people have been tested in the Canary Islands of the Covid-19

Great progress! The number of tests taken was only 2,138 only 10 days ago. It would also explain the rapid increase of active cases.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
650 people have been tested on Fuerteventura. Also, 50,000 rapid tests that will arrive on Wednesday.

https://www.ondafuerteventura.es/fuertev...miercoles/
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
so they are going to test every resident ?
2 users say Thank You to Jason W for this post
Reply Quote
Think that would cover about 50%. The population is approx 100k isn’t it ?
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(30-03-2020, 12:37 PM)Spitfire58 Wrote: Think that would cover about 50%. The population is approx 100k isn’t it ?

Yep, as of 2019 the population was 116,886.

(30-03-2020, 12:20 PM)Jason W Wrote: so they are going to test every resident ?

I don't think so. 50,000 tests isn't a massive amount, considering the hospital staff will soon have to be tested on regular basis as well as each patient is tested multiple times.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Covid antigen tests in Caleta de Fuste? AquaBalls 3 3,769 29-01-2022, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Can the Man
  Negative Tests for Tourists ? Captain Sensible 94 27,609 24-11-2020, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Robbo