This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
wood spindles bannister turned

Turned wood bannister spindles!
I’m looking for somewhere that supplies turned wood bannister spindles! It’s the sort of thing I’d just pick up from B&Q etc in the UK, but over here the ferreterías I have tried are pretty dire for wood etc. I’ve tried Ideal, La Hondura and took a trip in considerable hope to ‘El Mundo de Madera’, the World of a Wood down in Gran Tarajal.... nothing there either, and I did explain in Spanish what I was after! Any suggestions, please? It’s just the upright spindles I need.
2 users say Thank You to gattaca66 for this post
Reply Quote
Try 'Don Brico' the pine shop on the block before you get to Ideal in Rosario. If you take a picture in to show them what you need they may be able to help.
Life is short.....Be kind to one another  Smile
3 users say Thank You to classic for this post
Reply Quote
Don Brico may be able to make them for you but I doubt they are stock items - not really a Spanish thing.
2 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
There is a place called Wood World near Ideal at Gran Tarajal.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
3 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
(04-03-2020, 08:11 AM)windermeregolfer Wrote: There is a place called Wood World near Ideal at Gran Tarajal.

Sadly, ‘el Mundo de Madera’ were unable to help! I know they manufacture wooden parts for construction but not, it seems, turned spindles. Re the other suggestions, I will try Don Brijo, but not very hopeful. There must be some decent wood suppliers around, lots of construction done with wood, I’ve just not discovered where they are yet!
Reply Quote
(03-03-2020, 06:07 PM)classic Wrote: Try 'Don Brico' the pine shop on the block before you get to Ideal in Rosario. If you take a picture in to show them what you need they may be able to help.

(03-03-2020, 09:31 PM)Emmi Smith Wrote: Don Brico may be able to make them for you but I doubt they are stock items - not really a Spanish thing.

Never saw them in the shop but they should be able to make them. Not sure how expensive though.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Not sure why you want them?  They are dust catchers in my opinion, and there's a lot of dust here!!!
Reply Quote
(04-03-2020, 02:18 PM)Emmi Smith Wrote: Not sure why you want them?  They are dust catchers in my opinion, and there's a lot of dust here!!!

I’m actually with you on this, Emmi, but the bannister is a safety feature, and the ‘management’ in our house considers the existing home-made straight spindles too plain.....ours is not to reason, etc..! If I can find them, I can fit them for a quiet life!
Reply Quote
LOL!  Well if "management" is prepared to keep them dust free, I guess you will have to capitulate. If I've had spindles in a house, I have usually boarded them over and decorated to match surroundings.  I'm all for an easy life, and certainly if spindles need painting, it's a real chore. Would be interesting to know if you are successful in getting them here on Fuerte though either ready made or custom made.
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wax for wood furniture restoration gattaca66 4 1,123 13-08-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: gattaca66
  Carpenter of wood, north Cotillo_Tom 2 1,533 26-11-2022, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Cotillo_Tom
  Danish Oil for wood Bertie 3 2,502 26-06-2022, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Thorgal
  Lengths of wood FVmouse 7 3,021 10-12-2020, 04:44 PM
Last Post: TrickyFox