Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
insurance uk car

UK car insurance
Just had my car insurance come up for renewal but when I told them I now had a spanish licence they said that they only insure people with a UK licence. Can anyone recommend an insurance company that will cover me in UK?
2 users say Thank You to 14yew for this post
Reply Quote
(09-06-2021, 11:25 AM)14yew Wrote: Just had my car insurance come up for renewal but when I told them I now had a spanish licence they said that they only insure people with a UK licence. Can anyone recommend an insurance company that will cover me in UK?

I have used lineas direct {Direct Line} for 6 years, and am pretty sure they would cover you on visits to the UK, Direct Line certainly did the opposite, covered me when driving my car outside the UK, if you decide to use them try haggling a bit it worked for me Rolleyes
Do not confuse my personality with my attitude my personality is down to me, but my attitude depends on you!
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks John but I have now resolved the issue by getting a new quote and they asked what type of licence I held. It actually saved me some Money on my renewal quote. I think the call centre person actualy gave me wrong information because when I did the new quote request that insurance company came up with a quote!!
2 users say Thank You to 14yew for this post
Reply Quote
(09-06-2021, 12:27 PM)14yew Wrote: Thanks John but I have now resolved the issue by getting a new quote and they asked what type of licence I held. It actually saved me some money on my renewal quote. I think the call centre person actualy gave me wrong information because when I did the new quote request that insurance company came up with a quote!!

Glad to hear it.
Do not confuse my personality with my attitude my personality is down to me, but my attitude depends on you!
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
A friend of mine has just gone through this process. His existing insurance company quoted a massive increase in premium due to his Spanish driving licence, so he shopped around and came up with an excellent quote from Co-op Car Insurance.
25/75 Birmingham/El Cotillo. Cool
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote