This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
islands canary volcanic activity split

Volcanic activity in Canary Islands 2020
And more El Hierro.

http://www.ign.es/web/resources/volcanol..._KxSOqQ0A8
2 users say Thank You to jand for this post
Reply Quote
Missed this on the 9th Sept there was a 2.2 Earthquake South East of Jandia.

es2020rufwh 09/09/2020 22:29:13 23:29:13 28.0591 -13.9809 33 2.2 mbLg ATLÁNTICO-CANARIAS

3 users say Thank You to jand for this post
Reply Quote
Magma is moving around all the islands I cant remember a time seeing so much activity for the area surrounding all the islands.

Click on the 15 Dias tab on the right hand side to see more.

http://www.ign.es/web/resources/volcanol..._KxSOqQ0A8
2 users say Thank You to jand for this post
Reply Quote
Cont

Infact click on the tab 90 dias on the link below you can really see whats happening around all the islands.

http://www.ign.es/web/resources/volcanol..._KxSOqQ0A8#
Reply Quote
Now the activity moves to Fuerteventura a 2.6 close to North West Betancuria this may have been felt by some.

Could magma be moving Tiscamanita or the volcanoes La Olivia not an expert just wondering ???

es2020sfqmx 16/09/2020 04:19:32 05:19:32 28.5248 -14.0927 16 2.6 mbLg NW BETANCURIA.IFV

4 users say Thank You to jand for this post
Reply Quote
Second time this month. Is seems like a copy&pasta about the Questionnaire (from this post) could be handy.

If you felt the tremor, or if you didn't please fill in the questionnaire, both alternatives provide useful information. The language can be changed to English if you prefer. (Remember the times quoted on the general list are probably mainland times rather than Canary time (GMT), shouldn't be but it seems to be the case. I certainly felt the tremor around 12.30 lunchtime.) If you are on holiday here you will need a postal code to complete one of the fields in the Qs. A quick Google search should find a relevant one to use if you don't know it - they cover a fair size area, ie a village, unlike the UK.
(Corralejo - 35660, Puerto del Rosario - 35610 are fairly general ones.)

questionnaire
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Update about the itensity where the 2.6 Earthquake could have been felt .

''EVENTO: es2020sfqmx 2020/09/16 04:19:32 28.5248 -14.0927 16 2.6 NW BETANCURIA.IFV
Actualizado 2020-09-16 05:56 UTC
RELACIÓN DE INTENSIDADES (EMS) Y POBLACIONES
EN LAS QUE SE HA SENTIDO ESTE TERREMOTO:

I-II VALLE DE SANTA INÉS,BETANCURIA.GC ''

EVENT: es2020sfqmx 2020/09/16 04:19:32 28.5248 -14.0927 16 2.6 NW BETANCURIA.IFV
Updated 2020-09-16 05:56 UTC
RATIO OF INTENSITIES (EMS) AND POPULATIONS
IN WHICH THIS Earthquake HAS BEEN FEELED:

I-II VALLE DE SANTA INÉS, BETANCURIA.GC
1 user says Thank You to jand for this post
Reply Quote
It woke me up! I've filled in the questionnaire 👍
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Latest update courtesy of Enrique.

Translated.

''REGIONAL EFFORTS, TERREMOTE SENSE IN THE ISLAND OF FUERTEVENTURA, WHILE CONTINUES ACTIVITY IN THE IRON, TENERIFE AND AROUND.- 16/09/2020.-The west side of Fuerteventura has moved and been felt, quite a lot depth, and they have located it thanks to its magnitude it has been felt and recorded by several stations and is close to the island. Highlight that along with Lanzarote, these are the most unattended areas of the archipelago, yesterday I deleted a post where I talked about this....

es2020sfqmx 16 16/09/2020 04:19:32-28.5248 14.0927 km sense I-II M 2.6 mbLg NW BETANCURIA. IFV

.. well yes,... it erased me... I'm going to try to rewrite it... (Enrique)''

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...e=5F864584
1 user says Thank You to jand for this post
Reply Quote
CONT Earthquake FUERTEVENTURA:

''This Earthquake gives a rather high depth value, which makes me think that the IGN still doesn't correct its model of densities that generates a higher density than it really is, resulting in deeper than it is and increasing as we have seen many times in the Iron and Palma.

Regional efforts will be increasing in the next few days, which would not rule out more movements, while seismic activity continues in the Iron, in the center of Tenerife both in the caldera and in the South Borsal and not forgetting in the area between Tenerife and the volcano in the middle, more than interesting. (Enrique)''
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Majorero olive oil is once again the best in the Canary Islands TamaraEnLaPlaya 1 445 23-02-2024, 07:38 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Volcanic activity in Canary Islands 2023 TamaraEnLaPlaya 80 8,359 20-12-2023, 07:30 PM
  The ban on limpets and burgados begins in the Canary Islands TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 378 01-12-2023, 08:48 PM
  Fuerteventura wants to be the breadbasket of the Canary Islands again TamaraEnLaPlaya 1 754 14-09-2023, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Volcano
  Sebadales meadows in the Canary Islands in danger TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 713 11-05-2023, 08:37 PM