Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
august 2020 weather

What's the weather like? - August 2020
El Cotillo... A remote report to start the month off. It looks like a cloudy start to the day, this may burn off by lunch, leaving a warm sunny afternoon. The wind will be fresh, NNE and cross-offshore, averaging 17mph. Temperatures expected in the low to mid 20's.

Tides:
High Tide    12:32am   2.01 m (6.59ft)
Low Tide      6:38am    0.42 m (1.38ft)
High Tide        12:53pm     2.19 m (7.19ft)
Low Tide          7:12pm     0.30 m (0.98ft)

First Light   6:51am
Sunrise      7:16am
Sunset       8:46pm
Last Light   9:12pm

Yesterday the Weather in most parts of the UK was on a par with Fuerteventura, sunshine all day reaching 35c. with a hot wind. 
4 users say Thank You to MLA for this post
Reply Quote
Good Morning from Caleta.

Yesterday was not quite as forecast, although the cloud cleared by late morning, it left a hazy sky with the odd high wispy cloud, temperatures reached the high 20,s mid afternoon and the wind remained light until early evening when it got a little blustery, and the cloud started to build, almost complete cloud cover by 20:30.

This morning 07:00 temperature 22c wind NN/Easterly 8/10 KPH but 100% cloud cover, it is now 08:30, and litle has changed.
Forecast:- The cloud to clear by early afternoon temperatures in the mid 20,s. wind to move N/easterly mid morning and increase 12/14 KPH
Do not confuse my personality with my attitude my personality is down to me, but my attitude depends on you!
4 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Good morning from a very muggy Caleta, apologies for being even later than normal, but I had to do an airport run.

Yesterday again very much as forecast the cloud cleared slightly earlier than forecast, leaving a very pleasant afternoon, temperatures in the mid/high 20,s however, the wind increased more than forecast early evening and at 20:00 was gusting 20/25KPH.

Today 07:00 a very grey and humid start temperature 23/25C wind N/easterly 12/14 KPH, and I thought we might get some rain, by 08:00 it had brightened considerably Temperature as was.

It is now 09;30 the sky has started to clear temperature is pushing 26C on our south facing terrace, and there is still only a slight wind.

Forecast:- The cloud to clear mid /late morning wind to remain as is temperatures forecast for high 20,s but I would not be surprised to see them exceed that.
Do not confuse my personality with my attitude my personality is down to me, but my attitude depends on you!
5 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Good morning from a very humid Caleta.

Yesterday, as I suggested was a very warm day, the cloud had mostly cleared by 12:00 leaving a hazy blue sky, temperatures were 31/33C for most of the afternoon with a gentle breeze, the wind picked up slightly early evening, but it was still 24C at 20:00.

Today 07:30 The sky is mostly clear of cloud there is some cloud to the east and high wispy cloud elsewhere, Temperature currently 24C wind Northerly 16/18 KPH.

Forecast:- There are conflicting forecasts one says a sunny warm day with temperatures high 20,s to mid 30,s with a northerly wind circa 16/18 KPH, the other that it will get cooler as the day goes on as the wind will increase 26/30 KPH. I am going with the former.
Reply Quote
The former it was then the temperature has been in the 30,s since 11:30, the wind has increased slightly but it has made little difference to the humidity.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Good morning from Caleta.

Yesterday as already reported was an excellent day, temperatures in the 30,s for most of the day, although around 20:00 last night the wind moved N/westerly and it got a little blustery, the temperature was still 25C at 20:30.

Today 07:30 about 90% cloud cover but high and light what blue sky can be seen is to the west over the mountains, temperature 24C wind Northerly 13/15 KPH.
It is now 08:40 and the sky is already starting to clear, circa 75% cloud cover now the temperature is 26c wind has moved N/Easterly but not strengthened.

Forecast, another warm day, the cloud to clear mid/late morning, temperatures high 20,s to low 30,s and the wind to increase slightly 15/17 KPH.
Reply Quote

Yesterday as forecast, a warm sunny day with the temperatures in the 30,s most of the day, however, the wind was stronger than forecast reaching 20/22KPH at times.

Today 07:45 95% cloud cover particularly to the West with the odd patch of blue to the East. Temperature 24C wind northerly 14/16 KPH.
09:00sky has tarted to clear but slowly still 80% cloud, the wind has not changed, the temperature is now 25C.

Forecast:-The cloud to take longer to clear, possibly not until early afternoon, slightly cooler day temperatures to reach mid to high 20,s wind to move northeasterly mid morning and increase to 16/18 Kph before moving Northerly late afternoon.
Reply Quote

Yesterday, The cloud broke up earlier than forecast, but never fully cleared by 11:00 there was the odd high light cloud, temperatures were in the range 26-28 C for most of the day with a northerly wind circa 20/22 Kphat around 18:30 however the wind moved N/N/Westerly and increased 26/28 KPH.

Today 07:30 a brighter start, around 50% cloud cover most of it to the East temperature 23 C wind Northerly 15/17 Kph.
It is now 09:00 temperature is approaching 25 C but the wind has remained as is.

Forecast:- The cloud to virtually clear by lunchtime, the temperatures to reach mid to high 20,s wind to increase slightly mid afternoon and move N/Westerley early evening, but not significantly change in strength.
Reply Quote

Yesterday was not as forecast, with the bank of cloud over the Eastern horizon never cleared, and by 20:00 looked really ominous and very much as if we were going to see some rain, which never happened, and it was slightly warmer than forecast reaching 32C mid afternoon.

Today 07:15 100% cloud cover Temperature 24 C wind Northerly 14/16 KPH, it is now 08:30 still 98% cloud temperature 25C wind 14/16KPH.

Forecast:- A similar day to yesterday cloud to mostly clear early afternoon temperatures to reach high 0,s to low 30,s wind to move N/Easterly and increase 18/20 KPH.
Reply Quote
Good morning from a very cloudy Caleta.

Yesterday, the cloud did not appear to want to clear, and around 11:15 we still had 70% cloud cover, then it dispersed quite quickly and by 12:30 the sky was clear, with the exception of a thin bank of cloud on the Eastern horizon, which remained all day, but did not affect the temperatures which reached 30C at 14:00, wind remained as forecast, and circa 18:30 the cloud started to build again, leaving a somewhat cloudy night.

Today 07:15 complete cloud cover temperature 22C wind N/Easterly 18/20 KPH it is now 09:30 and little has changed wind has strengthened slightly and is no 20/22 KPH.

Forecast:- Majority of the cloud to clear by early afternoon, leaving a mostly sunny afternoon, temperatures expected to be in the mid to high 20.s wind to remain N/Easterly and stay 20/22KPH.
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the weather like? - October 2020 MLA 94 2,413 5 hours ago
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  What's the weather like? - September 2020 MLA 90 3,449 30-09-2020, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Nemo4
  What's the weather like? - July 2020 MLA 45 2,765 31-07-2020, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Johnrgby
  What's the weather like? - June 2020 MLA 51 2,783 30-06-2020, 12:28 PM
Last Post: windermeregolfer