This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
where fuse

Where to buy a fuse
I need to buy a particular type of fuse (for the inside of a bluray player). It is, for full information, a 15 amp ceramic fuse (20mm x 5mm) 240 volts (or thereabouts).
Does anyone know where I might buy one on the Island? I tried ChinaTown and looked in Superbarato at Matorral.
2 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
I’m not sure, but what about Ideal or Electron ?, or maybe the Botique up in the industrial estate in PdR ?
1 user says Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
Try Dielca - on the same industrial estate as Ideal, next road back - the down road  - and it  is on the last block on the right as far as I remember ... All things electrical in there.  Can you take a photo of it to show them what you need/
2 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
Ferreteria la Hondura in Caleta should stock fuses like this. I would also ask at Petrol station and visit Electron/Ideal as suggested by Can.

Hard to believe that Blu-ray player would pull 15A from the socket.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Just crossed my mind, if you need the fuse urgently, look around the house for a spare UK (extension?) lead. Most of them contain a 13 amp fuse.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
(07-05-2019, 01:14 PM)Emmi Smith Wrote: Try Dielca - on the same industrial estate as Ideal, next road back -  the down road  - and it  is on the last block on the right as far as I remember ... All things electrical in there.  Can you take a photo of it to show them what you need/

Funny thing is I went to put the car through the car wash and took the fuse out of my pocket 'for safe keeping' and put it in the tray near the handbrake. After washing the car forgot to pick up the fuse drove away and a few minutes later heard the fuse roll and disappear never to be seen again.
Reply Quote
(07-05-2019, 09:07 PM)Sam Wrote: Just crossed my mind, if you need the fuse urgently, look around the house for a spare UK (extension?) lead. Most of them contain a 13 amp fuse.

Yes, I think I will do that. The fuse was 15amp  from INSIDE the machine, so a 13amp should blow quicker (?) - why would they put a larger capacity fuse inside?
I think a standard fuse may be a tad big though.
Reply Quote
(08-05-2019, 06:44 AM)TrickyFox Wrote: Funny thing is I went to put the car through the car wash and took the fuse out of my pocket 'for safe keeping' and put it in the tray near the handbrake. After washing the car forgot to pick up the fuse drove away and a few minutes later heard the fuse roll and disappear never to be seen again.

Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin

(08-05-2019, 06:50 AM)TrickyFox Wrote: ... so a 13amp should blow quicker (?) ...
Yes it will. But if it will blow the fuse (again - I guess) than there's something seriously wrong with the player. 13-16A breakers are usually serving multiple sockets around the house.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
I have just come across a mixed pack of fuses in my shed.1 of each 13,10,5and 1amp, must have brought them over at some point {Tesco Label} your welcome to them if you want them.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(08-05-2019, 08:57 AM)Johnrgby Wrote: I have just come across a mixed pack of fuses in my shed.1 of each 13,10,5and 1amp, must have brought them over at some point {Tesco Label} your welcome to them if you want them.

Thanks, but I found a fuse and as I thought it is a little too big. i think what I need is 20mm x 5mm - a standard UK fuse is 25mm x 6mm
Reply Quote