This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
bags tea yorkshire

Yorkshire Tea Bags
Due to the absence of flights and visitors, we have lost our suppliers of Yorkshire Tea Bags. Tried the British Shop in Corralejo and Caleta, but none in stock and reporting difficulties with deliveries post-Brexit. 

So, if anyone sees boxes (preferable large boxes) of Yorkshire Tea Bags, please post here or PM me please as we have just opened our final box :-( 

TIA

TOM.
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
(27-02-2021, 05:16 PM)Cotillo_Tom Wrote: Due to the absence of flights and visitors, we have lost our suppliers of Yorkshire Tea Bags. Tried the British Shop in Corralejo and Caleta, but none in stock and reporting difficulties with deliveries post-Brexit. 

So, if anyone sees boxes (preferable large boxes) of Yorkshire Tea Bags, please post here or PM me please as we have just opened our final box :-( 

TIA

TOM.

I've been told that there's a problem with tea bags post-Brexit.  The EU think UK tea bags could bring infestations in to Europe.
3 users say Thank You to Tardis for this post
Reply Quote
(27-02-2021, 05:54 PM)Tardis Wrote: I've been told that there's a problem with tea bags post-Brexit.  The EU think UK tea bags could bring infestations in to Europe.

Not accurate at all.

The UK left the EU trading zone and agreed to trade like all other 3rd party countries.
As such, plant and animal products must go through lots of checks and certifications.
Teabags fall under this category - because they are made from plant material.
So the EU doesn't give 2 twigs about teabags. What they do care about is importing items from 3rd countries that do not meet the standards and needs that the EU has set in place for everyone in the world.

Please shift your perspective so as to not spread misinformation and not point blame where there is none.
The Local Friendly Tech and Media Guy << Link
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
4 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
@Tom

Yorkshire Tea list their spanish distributor as https://fricodan.com/

Might be worth reaching out to them and getting one of the big bags of 1040 tea bags...
The Local Friendly Tech and Media Guy << Link
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
4 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
(28-02-2021, 10:33 AM)McAdam Wrote:
(27-02-2021, 05:54 PM)Tardis Wrote: I've been told that there's a problem with tea bags post-Brexit.  The EU think UK tea bags could bring infestations in to Europe.

Not accurate at all.

The UK left the EU trading zone and agreed to trade like all other 3rd party countries.
As such, plant and animal products must go through lots of checks and certifications.
Teabags fall under this category - because they are made from plant material.
So the EU doesn't give 2 twigs about teabags. What they do care about is importing items from 3rd countries that do not meet the standards and needs that the EU has set in place for everyone in the world.

Please shift your perspective so as to not spread misinformation and not point blame where there is none.

Well that's what I was told by an importer whose having problems shipping tea bags into the EU from the UK.  Please do not accuse me of spreading misinformation.  I'm just trying to be helpful.
3 users say Thank You to Tardis for this post
Reply Quote
I have had a look at Tierney,s price list, but they only list and have in stock Tetleys, and a product called Bert,s Gold Bend, which is more expensive than Tetley,s, but I must admit I was in food retailing for nearly 50 years up to 2015, and have never heard of it.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Haven't looked lately but you could also check out Eurodrop.es.
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(28-02-2021, 01:10 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: Haven't looked lately but you could also check out Eurodrop.es.

The last time I looked, about 10 days ago, there were no teabags at all on there, of course, I could have missed them
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
A friend says they had the red boxes in the Caleta Brit shop this week!
Living my dream
1 user says Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
They could have been Typhoo Tamara Smile Smile Smile Smile
1 user says Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Charcoal Air Freshener Bags Tardis 2 2,486 15-04-2020, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Ducks
  Henry hoover bags, where to buy?? Warriors 3 3,044 03-02-2020, 03:19 PM
Last Post: McAdam