This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
gardening fuerteventura

Gardening in Fuerteventura
continued:
[Image: WEwf1ci.jpg] [Image: F4a3HSl.jpg] [Image: kRwy2YS.jpg]
[Image: 0El6XDc.jpg] [Image: Sr8vrqP.jpg] [Image: 5mUEfch.jpg]
[Image: jbEG9f1.jpg] [Image: E3n1arI.jpg] [Image: J8DLKUw.jpg]
[Image: O67zeJ2.jpg] [Image: nKPWyM6.jpg] [Image: bxMVX1b.jpg]
[Image: xdEIHss.jpg] [Image: KFCSNe9.jpg] [Image: caCov95.jpg]
[Image: RHF7bNH.jpg]
Living my dream
Reply Quote
Thanks Tamara, brighten anyone's day!

I have got a new flower in the garden. Will post a pic later. Might know what it is. Self sown.
Reply Quote
Quite a few of our Monarch eggs have hatched.  Would anyone like some caterpillars?

Our strategy of setting aside some milkweed as a no go area for caterpillars has worked out well this time.  We’ve had plenty of flowers for the butterflies to graze on.  We have about seven butterflies.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the offer but I haven't got enough growth on my milkweeds at the moment - I wouldn't want to starve a caterpillar!
Living my dream
Reply Quote
A late walk around my garden this afternoon highlighted a few things.

My guaydil has put on loads of fresh growth in the last few weeks and one (just one) stem has come out in flower. No sign even of buds on any other stem!

[Image: u4x3WWD.jpg] [Image: VNbuWn2.jpg]

New bloom spike just starting on a species Aloe - I think I prefer watching the spikes develop rather than the flowers themselves!
[Image: 4PGo5lp.jpg]

The plumbago has responded to a handful of fertiliser and the fresh flowers are a much stronger blue:
[Image: WBmzlRf.jpg]

my shrubby poinsettia continues to delight - bloom size increasing almost as you watch!
[Image: uHheEWX.jpg] [Image: YcflA9C.jpg] [Image: ve7Q2fq.jpg]

some of the bouganvilleas are amazing at the moment
[Image: bYPxkUq.jpg] [Image: eTNDzql.jpg] [Image: nc4Bdrj.jpg]

and today I became fascinated by the actual flowers (the tiny pale bits inside the coloured bracts). Different shapes and shades.
[Image: PJn0z1x.jpg] [Image: PH1dWzx.jpg] [Image: pGc0Vhg.jpg]

[Image: 3eO2ngg.jpg] [Image: Vi2ud5y.jpg] [Image: PQTxuks.jpg]
Living my dream
Reply Quote
(14-12-2019, 11:57 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: ... and today I became fascinated by the actual flowers (the tiny pale bits inside the coloured bracts). Different shapes and shades...
[Image: PJn0z1x.jpg] 
Looks amazing and (truly) fascinating. 🌸🌸🌸
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
(07-12-2019, 01:05 PM) OMR + MIN Wrote: Thanks Tamara, brighten anyone's day!

I have got a new flower in the garden. Will post a pic later. Might know what it is. Self sown.

This is the new flower. The plant has been growing for about 2 years & finally flowered!

Anyone know what it is?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Reply Quote
I think it is a Cassia (part of the legume family) but I don't know which one - there are loads of varieties. Some are shrubs, some trees ........ Happy Plants have them for sale at the moment so you could pop in and read their label (and buy a companion plant while you're at it!).
Living my dream
Reply Quote
Hadn't noticed but the passiflora is blooming away twined into the pepper tree.

[Image: yA0ZX2c.jpg] [Image: 5Rwqmk9.jpg]  

and my favourite geranium, a majorero one, is just starting.
[Image: zmr3d27.jpg]

and I found a Datura seedling self seeded in my working area.
[Image: KI92CB9.jpg]

The weedkiller will be in action shortly to clear the picon and grava areas so I need to check all over for wanted seedlings and transplant before death descends.
Living my dream
Reply Quote
Not as green fingered as Tamara but I thought I would add a few pictures to show our specimens - 

John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
1 user says Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote