This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
gardening fuerteventura

Gardening in Fuerteventura
I am sure Tamara will find something really creative to do with those rocks!!!
Reply Quote
The first seed is ready on my Guaciacum oficinale (wiki link)

[Image: lIzMk9I.jpg] [Image: ukhLYPc.jpg]

Reading about it I found some interesting info about the wood:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lignum_vitae

A really useful addition to gardens here. Evergreen, pretty flowers, interesting seeds, slowish growing, copes with our conditions well.
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Hibiscus stamen, style & stigma from our garden.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

4 users say Thank You to Tardis for this post
Reply Quote
Beautiful definition picture Tardis.

Funnily enough I was taking similar pics yesterday but only with my mobile's camera:

[Image: TBDGSC5.jpg]
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
I'm delighted to report we have been eating our own bananas for several weeks now!  Thumbs Up
They are taking their time to ripen and I'm sure I will probably get a glut in a week or two's time, but I'm cutting a hand at a time and ripening inside in a paper bag. They taste divine! Very thirsty plant, I'm having to give it loads of water every day. Just hope the tree continues to support the weight of the fruit - the prop got knocked out a few weeks ago in the gales, damaging a few fruit in the process, and I can't get it back in.

[Image: V4LEiNL.jpg] [Image: KJVmvtU.jpg]
Living my dream
5 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Here are my four different coloured Hibiscus flowers, taken with my mobile phone camera

John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
4 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
Tamara have you ever tried growing luffa’s ?
Reply Quote
Just came across this for growing luffas
https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/ga...ah-sponge/
2 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
(03-02-2021, 01:13 PM)Can the Man Wrote: Tamara have you ever tried growing luffa’s ?

No, but I'm up for it! I'll try to find seed online tonight 👍👍

Thanks for the link Emmi. I was one of those who thought it came from the sea! 🤔😂
Living my dream
1 user says Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Quote:Thanks for the link Emmi. I was one of those who thought it came from the sea! 🤔😂

And me and Mrs G.
Loving it  Cool

2 users say Thank You to Pete Garyga for this post
Reply Quote