This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
purchase car

New car purchase
As we are getting closer to early retirement and coming out for 90 days at a time, we are looking to purchase a car, and wondered if anyone knows what the cheapest new car available on the island is?
1 user says Thank You to Chic and Chelle for this post
Reply Quote
A friend has a ordered a Dacia Stepway which I think he said was nearly 20,000€ but has taken about 6 months to arrive. I think I waited about the same for a Toyota RAV4 in the UK though.
The Dacia Fuerteventura website has them starting from 14720€ presumably plus tax.
Loving it  Cool

2 users say Thank You to Pete Garyga for this post
Reply Quote
Thank you so much for this Pete.
I never factored in that we might have a long lead in time to actually get a car in Fuerteventura.
Next time we are out there and have a hire car, we need to start getting round some dealers and having a look at what's available.
2 users say Thank You to Chic and Chelle for this post
Reply Quote
Do take a look at Aboutcars.es

Not new cars, but nearly new, 3 or 4 years old. Many are ex car rentals.

There are other agents, some cheaper, but Aboutcars.es gives excellent service.

Tom.
1 user says Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks Tom,
I have been keeping an eye on their website, but feel the prices are high for the second hand market, same as the UK

My thinking is if I spend 6-7k more I could get a brand new car and know what I'm getting.
Hopefully prices start to stabilise.
2 users say Thank You to Chic and Chelle for this post
Reply Quote
It makes sense that if you're already considering spending 6-7k more for a new car, you might prefer the peace of mind that comes with it. New cars offer reliability and warranty coverage, which can be worth the extra cost.

For the cheapest new cars on the island, I'd suggest looking at smaller models like the Hyundai Accent, Kia Rio, or Nissan Versa. But for sure some more luxury options can offer you a better confort. When I was in the same boat as you, I explored some options on https://www.a1autotransport.com/what-are...otic-cars/
1 user says Thank You to Jmotter_pick for this post
Reply Quote
Cars hold their value much better here than in the UK. Plus, you are paying for the service and support that Aboutcars.es offer.
1 user says Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ownership costs on the island— tax, purchase, insurance? Ducks 18 3,122 18-08-2023, 09:35 AM
Last Post: Grampiangranny
  Car Purchase willie5094 8 7,876 20-06-2019, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Grampiangranny