This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
over gateway data replacing televes coax advice

Advice on Replacing Televes Data over Coax Gateway
Smile 
A few years ago our complex had Internet & TV installed using the old existing cabling in apartments. We had to purchase a Televes Data over Coax Gateway which provided Ethernet and WiFi connections. The installation and boxes came from Mundo Digital  in Puerto del Rosario.  A separate connection running from this box provided  TV channels. As the Televes setup is getting a bit old now I’m looking at alternative ways to replace it.  As I’m stuck in the UK for a while I was wondering if I could source some kit here which would replace my ageing system. My limited knowledge suggests I need to (1) split the two signals coming into the apartment on the coax cable and (2) feed the internet side into a router for Ethernet & WiFi and (3) feed the TV side to the TV(obviously) Smile .  I would be grateful for suggestions on what equipment / connectors etc I can use. Someone may have already updated their original system in this way as the Televes boxes are difficult to get.
1 user says Thank You to SamT for this post
Reply Quote
Not sure what you were hoping for when you say you want to upgrade, normally with these systems Mundo Digital would have a feed from a Spanish antenna and a feed from usually Sky and Nilesat for the best choice of free films and tv, then the complex pays for several phone lines to send out all combined through an amp to the complex coaxial network to your home, then connect a splitter to go your tv and ethernet router for internet. The only upgrade really is fibre but has it's own network in the complex not using the coaxial cables but normally installed up to the complex center from the street outside, then you would pay to have fiber cable to your home if the complex hasn't already done for everyone, which I highly doubt.

Maybe there might be companies willing to do the installation for free to get you hooked up to them, ask around the various websites and see if they have any offers on or email them, hope this helps
1 user says Thank You to Zapparocks for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for advice or info on movil data plans Cotillo_Tom 16 9,443 24-03-2022, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Archer
  Data only sim card keith edwards 4 5,036 13-12-2021, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Zapparocks
  Smart TV and DNS service - advice needed!! Cotillo_Tom 8 6,655 23-09-2021, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Zapparocks