Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
smart service dns needed tv advice

Smart TV and DNS service - advice needed!!
Hi,

Next week I've been asked to help set up an LG Smart TV (model LG32LN570R-ZA) and connect it to a DNS service so the lady can watch British TV.

I've no idea what's involved as I've never messed with Smart TVs, so any useful advice appreciated. 

If you prefer to pm, that's fine. 

In anticipation........

Tom.
25/75 Birmingham/El Cotillo. Cool
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Hi Tom,
You should be able to get all the main channel apps (BBC, ITV, 4 & 5) on apps. The best way for the DNS is to set it up on the router so it covers everything. The U.K. channel apps need to be set up using a U.K. address though
3 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(25-11-2019, 05:41 PM)Spitfire58 Wrote: Hi Tom,
You should be able to get all the main channel apps (BBC, ITV, 4 & 5) on apps. The best way for the DNS is to set it up on the router so it covers everything. The U.K. channel apps need to be set up using a U.K. address though

Hi Spitfire, 
How do you set up a DNS on a router?? 🙏🙏
3 users say Thank You to Warriors for this post
Reply Quote
If you go into the router settings there are usually spaces for alternate DNS settings. If you google “router address” it will give you the standard addresses, then google “setting DNS on a ‘’xxxxxx’’ router”, “xxxxx” being your make, model of router
Reply Quote
I use “Getflix” as a DNS/VPN
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to connect a new Samsung smart TV to a Samsung sound bar Johnrgby 17 3,448 06-02-2019, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Spitfire58