This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
smart service dns needed tv advice

Smart TV and DNS service - advice needed!!
Hi,

Next week I've been asked to help set up an LG Smart TV (model LG32LN570R-ZA) and connect it to a DNS service so the lady can watch British TV.

I've no idea what's involved as I've never messed with Smart TVs, so any useful advice appreciated. 

If you prefer to pm, that's fine. 

In anticipation........

Tom.
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Hi Tom,
You should be able to get all the main channel apps (BBC, ITV, 4 & 5) on apps. The best way for the DNS is to set it up on the router so it covers everything. The U.K. channel apps need to be set up using a U.K. address though
3 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(25-11-2019, 05:41 PM)Spitfire58 Wrote: Hi Tom,
You should be able to get all the main channel apps (BBC, ITV, 4 & 5) on apps. The best way for the DNS is to set it up on the router so it covers everything. The U.K. channel apps need to be set up using a U.K. address though

Hi Spitfire, 
How do you set up a DNS on a router?? 🙏🙏
3 users say Thank You to Warriors for this post
Reply Quote
If you go into the router settings there are usually spaces for alternate DNS settings. If you google “router address” it will give you the standard addresses, then google “setting DNS on a ‘’xxxxxx’’ router”, “xxxxx” being your make, model of router
Reply Quote
I use “Getflix” as a DNS/VPN
Reply Quote
I notice many customers using Nord VPN and you can choose which you country you want to go through and less than 3 euro a month, free for the first three

If you're in interested in a cheaper option than paying ten times that a month for the usual IPTV here, though with just the free channels of course

I also notice Spanish tv has added another discovery type channel which is good news
1 user says Thank You to Zapparocks for this post
Reply Quote
The TV will need the usual TV setting up. Channel list and languages. You'll then need to setup the network connections. If it's wired just plug in the cable. If it's Wifi hope that supports WPS. If not you'll need to manually fill in the password.

Are you sure she asked about DNS or VPN? DNS I'd suggest using the two Google address. 8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4.  If somebody evil hijacks the DNS numbers they could be sending you to fake untrustworthy sites.
1 user says Thank You to Will for this post
Reply Quote
(19-09-2021, 09:24 PM)Zapparocks Wrote: I notice many customers using Nord VPN and you can choose which you country you want to go through and less than 3 euro a month, free for the first three

If you're in interested in a cheaper option than paying ten times that a month for the usual IPTV here, though with just the free channels of course

I also notice Spanish tv has added another discovery type channel which is good news

With Nord you will often have to change from one server to another in the same region as they get discovered/blocked, though at least the option to do this does exist, but it's something to be aware of.
1 user says Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
I haven't used a proxy in years but when I did I would use college/university ones used for research which they wouldn't ban so quick
1 user says Thank You to Zapparocks for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for advice or info on movil data plans Cotillo_Tom 16 9,649 24-03-2022, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Archer
  How to connect a new Samsung smart TV to a Samsung sound bar Johnrgby 17 11,082 06-02-2019, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Spitfire58