This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
dhl amazon delivery

Amazon & DHL delivery?
Well, I finally bit the bullet and decided to give ordering from Amazon a try as I realised recently that I left a "proprietary" charger at home which could not be found here on the island. Amazon ES flatly refused to deliver anything similar the island (?!), so I gave Amazon UK a try, and to my surprise they were prepared to deliver for the princely sum of just £8.35 with a delivery date of the 16th...! 

So, I ordered it on Sunday, and now they are saying it is here and out for delivery? Surely that can't be right? However, the tracking says it is "expedited" delivery, has already passed through Madrid yesterday, and is now out for delivery in "Las Palmas". Now, I know that we are technically in LP in terms of governmental area, but the lack of mention of FUERTEVENTURA gives me some concern...

Anyway, does anyone have any experience with DHL deliveries and how they work here? I have never gotten anything by post to our place here, so I'm wondering what is likely to happen (assuming it's even on the correct island yet). Anyone able to share their experiences?
1 user says Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
The parcels go from Madrid to Las Palmas (GC) where they can disappear for anything between 2 days and 4 weeks in my experience, while they decide if it needs customs clearance. Best scenario you will get a phone call from the driver to arrange delivery very soon. Not so good you get an email requiring you to complete various DHL and Aduena forms in Spanish.
Good luck!
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(10-11-2021, 11:24 AM)Ducks Wrote: Well, I finally bit the bullet and decided to give ordering from Amazon a try as I realised recently that I left a "proprietary" charger at home which could not be found here on the island. Amazon ES flatly refused to deliver anything similar the island (?!), so I gave Amazon UK a try, and to my surprise they were prepared to deliver for the princely sum of just £8.35 with a delivery date of the 16th...! 

So, I ordered it on Sunday, and now they are saying it is here and out for delivery? Surely that can't be right? However, the tracking says it is "expedited" delivery, has already passed through Madrid yesterday, and is now out for delivery in "Las Palmas". Now, I know that we are technically in LP in terms of governmental area, but the lack of mention of FUERTEVENTURA gives me some concern...

Anyway, does anyone have any experience with DHL deliveries and how they work here? I have never gotten anything by post to our place here, so I'm wondering what is likely to happen (assuming it's even on the correct island yet). Anyone able to share their experiences?
We have quite a bit delivered from Amazon, without any issues, I know DHL no longer deliver on the island, and haven't for 4/5 years, they use an Agent, I think it is Suer, when was it out for delivery? if it is today it will turn up today or tomorrow.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(10-11-2021, 12:03 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: The parcels go from Madrid to Las Palmas (GC) where they can disappear for anything between 2 days and 4 weeks in my experience, while they decide if it needs customs clearance. Best scenario you will get a phone call from the driver to arrange delivery very soon. Not so good you get an email requiring you to complete various DHL and Aduena forms in Spanish.
Good luck!

Will it need customs clearance as it's coming from Amazon, who supposedly handle all of that for you? That's what's happens when I order to southern Ireland post-Brexit, anyway! Of course, things out here operate under their own conditions...

(10-11-2021, 12:06 PM)Johnrgby Wrote: We have quite a bit delivered from Amazon, without any issues, I know DHL no longer deliver on the island, and haven't for 4/5 years, they use an Agent, I think it is Suer, when was it out for delivery? if it is today it will turn up today or tomorrow.

Hm, DHL are claiming to be handling it, but you never really know, do you! It says out for delivery this morning as of 10:45. I don't think they have my Spanish number, and unusually Amazon aren't letting me "update delivery instructions" like usual (Amazon Logistics usually handle deliveries to our house back home and they've been nothing short of amazing every time). I tried to call them to add our number here in case they won't call a non-Spanish number, but I'm getting a recorded message saying something along the lines of "number isn't possible".

Absolutely hate getting stuff delivered— feel like I have to sit by the door with my phone in my hand all day in case I miss them!
Reply Quote
My experience: I never tried Amazon from here (I did in Spain, both UK and ES) but from time to time I order from a USA website selling health products. DHL delivers in my case too. At present I'm expecting a delivery from them, it takes about a month; I placed the order on October 13 and the parcel arrived in Spain (I suppose Madrid) on October 28. After that no tracking is provided but I guess from Madrid it would go to LP and then Fuerteventura. Usually they drop the parcel over the gate because I don't have intercome, which is good so I don't have to go down to the post office.
2 users say Thank You to GMT for this post
Reply Quote
I order a lot.
Amazon ES is generally good, can take anything from a few days to a month

Whats the charger you were looking for?
I might have been able to whip something up from the odds and ends I have Smile

Just be aware of the following:

If you didn’t pay the extra to have amazon handle all the customs stuffs, prepare for a €35 bill for agent and customs fees as a minimum.

The option is not on by default!
The Local Friendly Tech and Media Guy << Link
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
2 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
(10-11-2021, 07:52 PM)McAdam Wrote: I order a lot.
Amazon ES is generally good, can take anything from a few days to a month

Whats the charger you were looking for?
I might have been able to whip something up from the odds and ends I have Smile

Just be aware of the following:

If you didn’t pay the extra to have amazon handle all the customs stuffs, prepare for a €35 bill for agent and customs fees as a minimum.

The option is not on by default!

Probably didn't pay if it's not default!  Big Grin It always "just worked" when I was getting stuff to ROI (with all charges paid and dealt with) so I assumed it would be the same as both are "foreign" to Amazon UK now post-Brexit. We will find out if it goes that way, but thanks for the information!

I am still waiting. I got an email back from the one I sent yesterday to DHL UK requesting they add my Spanish phone to the order (before discovering I had included it when I added the address last year— I should trust my past self more) saying it was already added, but that they cannot advise an ETA or contact the driver. However, they did give me the number for the Canary branch to contact if needed. 

I have an unavoidable appointment this afternoon, so what's the betting that is when the driver will come?  Big Grin
Reply Quote
I realise this is not amazon, but following the vein of deliveries:-
Have ordered from Decathlon and arrange pick up in Corralejo Post office using a QR code so no hanging around awaiting for a delivery. The service is fantastic and the delivery fee is miniscule.
4 users say Thank You to DavidP for this post
Reply Quote
(11-11-2021, 04:02 PM)DavidP Wrote: I realise this is not amazon, but following the vein of deliveries:-
Have ordered from Decathlon and arrange pick up in Corralejo Post office using a QR code so no hanging around awaiting for a delivery. The service is fantastic and the delivery fee is miniscule.

How did you arrange this? I had no say in what happened! Sounds ideal, however.

...And, as predicted, the delivery driver did indeed come while I was out. Big Grin  Fortunately, we were just arriving back when he rang, and I was able to pelt it down the road and beat him to the house! So now I have my item, and was not asked for any additional fees. Might a request for same come by post at a later date? Highly possible; I had this happen once back home when ordering something from America when it arrived by courier instead of regular post. I'll pay it if it happens as long as my charger is still working!

So there's a story with (so far) a happy ending: ordered Sunday, delivered Thursday, and only a small amount of messing about. 

I also learned an important lesson about how to structure your address for a Spanish delivery (hint: it is not like addresses back home AT ALL), so very positive all round!
Reply Quote
Anyone know why all my Amazon Spain parcels are trapped in Madrid? It's been weeks now, Correos office says it's because the Madrid transport companies are on strike but national news only mentions a planned strike for the day's up to Christmas eve... Anyone no something more?
I am considering reordering from Amazon UK in the hope they will get it to me with UPS....
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Correos Delivery willie5094 154 28,960 09-08-2023, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Johnrgby
  Post from Amazon.es to Fuerte keith.torrance 7 2,003 07-02-2023, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Johnrgby
  Ebay/Amazon delivery to Fuerteventura Naturelover56 13 2,775 23-12-2022, 07:46 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya