Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
delivery correos

Correos Delivery
Is anyone waiting for a delivery from the UK, mine was posted tracked by Royal Mail 10th Dec 20202, it is showing up as [b]2020-12-30[/b]
00:07:31
Shipment has been classified in the Logistics Centre,

Never had this problem before, Brexit maybe?????
2 users say Thank You to willie5094 for this post
Reply Quote
Perhaps by way of reassurance, we are waiting for a couple of packets from the UK of a similar vintage, as are a couple of our friends. Probably the festive mayhem rather than Brexit. Fingers crossed they all arrive soonish!
2 users say Thank You to gattaca66 for this post
Reply Quote
I'm waiting for 2 from mid December as well 😭 but I received an Amazon order, from Jersey, today, ordered 24th Dec.
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
My daughter lives in Jersey and worked in the Amazon warehouse about 8 years ago after returning from a round the world trip with her hubby.

I also heard if you order from Amazon UK you will be subject to import tax from 1st Jan 2021.
2 users say Thank You to willie5094 for this post
Reply Quote
We posted a small parcel to Madrid  at the post office in Caleta on 18 December. It still hasn't arrived.
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
I ordered an Amazon Firestick from amazon.es on 22nd Dec due for delivery 14th January. It arrived 10 days early on the 4th by Correos.
5 users say Thank You to Grampiangranny for this post
Reply Quote
All deliveries from the UK are having a severe delay.
Even using express couriers such as FedEx.

I have just had to request 2 RTS (Return to Sender) after 2 of my packages have been in limbo since 01.01.2021

There are some new rules and regulations, not just for import tax (IGIC), but also for duties/tariffs.
As the agreement was very very last minute, some numbers have not yet been clarified. This is likely causing major delays as the couriers don't want to undercharge for tariffs that they later need to repay to governments.

The additional fees will ensure that the prices of items ordered from the UK is similar enough to those from Europe.

Stupid example (as in I just made it up for clarity)

If a block of cheese is average €10/kg in Europe, but only €5/kg in the UK - there will likely be an import tariff of 100% (€5) to bring the cost of the cheese up to the same as Europe (€5 + €5 = €10 == Europe Price).

This is an exaggerated (and made up) example of how tariffs generally work.
They are in place to protect local economies and ensure fair competition between one economy and another. If one economy was able to sell something at 50% the cost to a 2nd economy, the 2nd economy would suffer severely as local people would rather import than produce, thus rendering all people in that industry useless/jobless.

As the UK is now a separate economy, these tariffs will be applied on all imports to the EU, and likewise, all exports from the EU to the UK will also carry tariffs.
The Local Friendly Tech and Media Guy << Link
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
5 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
Does the 150€ exemption still apply to items sent from the UK?
1 user says Thank You to Tardis for this post
Reply Quote
(12-01-2021, 11:02 AM)McAdam Wrote: All deliveries from the UK are having a severe delay.
Even using express couriers such as FedEx.

I have just had to request 2 RTS (Return to Sender) after 2 of my packages have been in limbo since 01.01.2021

Thanks for sharing. I've deliberately placed some recent orders from Amazon Spain instead of Amazon UK for reasons you've mentioned (plus the limited flow of goods from the UK due to the new strain of the Corona virus). I've also got an order in with PCcomponentes. However, the very bad Weather that's affected mainland Spain is causing delays!
Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
2 users say Thank You to Rome77 for this post
Reply Quote
(12-01-2021, 02:13 PM)Tardis Wrote: Does the 150€ exemption still apply to items sent from the UK?

I can't see why not Tardis, nothing has changed here Fuerteventura was not in the EU before and it is not in it now, so nothing has changed, delays I can see but mostly because of the lack of flights from the UK  and bad Weather in the UK and Spain. I had an Item delivered yesterday from the UK  cost £110* and nothing had changed, granted I ordered it back at the end of December, but again I can not see why anything should change here.
Do not confuse my personality with my attitude my personality is down to me, but my attitude depends on you!
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote