This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
delivery correos

Correos Delivery
I ordered an item for £48 from amazon UK last night. On top of postage it charged me £7.20 estimated import fees. The blurb said the company had 180 days to file paperwork proving they had paid fees. If less than estimated I would be refunded difference back to my credit card. If the company didn't file paperwork within 180 days I would be refunded the full 7.20. Lots to keep track of now with orders..... My biggest concern is if Customs go back to their previous practice of charging for the package to be forwarded on from them when you've already paid delivery to your address, that was/is a disgraceful practice.
Living my dream
1 user says Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
The amazon payment with a customs deposit does simplify life. But it does also mean that you will 100% be charged for something.

All delivery companies will charge a "Customs Clearance Fee" which is usually on top of anything already paid, and excluding the actual customs fees.
For some, this can be upwards of €35 just to file the customs paperwork even if there is no customs due.
Not sure if this is what you've experienced Tamara.

I think moving forward I will restrict my amazon purhcases to .ES or .DE since they are still inside of the EU and less likely to be hit with any additional tariffs or delays.
The Local Friendly Tech and Media Guy << Link
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
3 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
Just had 4 parcels delivered by Coreos 👍 all stuff ordered from UK before Christmas. No charges.
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Here is tracking for a £12.49 Blu Ray from Amazon UK:

Monday, 4 January - Package departed an Amazon facility Rochester, Kent

Tuesday, 5 January - Initiated & cleared customs clearance process, SOUTHEND-ON-SEA, Essex

Thursday, 7-  January Package arrived at an Amazon facility Getafe, Madrid

Friday, 8 January - Package departed an Amazon facility Getafe, Madrid
Parcel arrived at a carrier facility Madrid

Thursday, 14 January - Initiated customs clearance process TILBURY, UK

No more updates

Duh!
3 users say Thank You to Tardis for this post
Reply Quote
Placed an order on Amazon.es on the 7th of January using Amazon Global delivery option - received the item today 18th of January. Not too bad given the delays due to heavy snow on the mainland. It's interesting following the item journey though! Started in Sevilla, on to Vitoria then Leipzig in Germany, back to Vitoria before Madrid then in the end onto the Canaries!

Monday
January, 18 2021
  • 13:20 Local time  |  Delivered - Signed for by: xxx | PUERTO DEL ROSARIO

Friday
January, 15 2021
  • 14:58 Local time  |  Forwarded for delivery| LAS PALMAS - SPAIN
  • 13:41 Local time  |  Arrived at Delivery Facility in LAS PALMAS - SPAIN| LAS PALMAS - SPAIN
  • 11:17 Local time  |  Clearance processing complete at LAS PALMAS - SPAIN| LAS PALMAS - SPAIN
  • 08:51 Local time  |  Arrived at Sort Facility LAS PALMAS - SPAIN| LAS PALMAS - SPAIN
  • 04:19 Local time  |  Customs status updated| LAS PALMAS - SPAIN
Thursday
January, 14 2021
  • 22:48 Local time  |  Departed Facility in MADRID - SPAIN| MADRID - SPAIN
Wednesday
January, 13 2021
  • 12:23 Local time  |  Shipment on hold| MADRID - SPAIN
Monday
January, 11 2021
  • 19:19 Local time  |  Shipment on hold| MADRID - SPAIN
  • 18:00 Local time  |  Processed at MADRID - SPAIN| MADRID - SPAIN
  • 16:12 Local time  |  Arrived at Sort Facility MADRID - SPAIN| MADRID - SPAIN
  • 00:55 Local time  |  Departed Facility in VITORIA - SPAIN| VITORIA - SPAIN
  • Transferred through VITORIA - SPAIN| VITORIA - SPAIN
Sunday
January, 10 2021
  • 18:21 Local time  |  Departed Facility in LEIPZIG - GERMANY| LEIPZIG - GERMANY
Saturday
January, 09 2021
  • 02:30 Local time  |  Processed at LEIPZIG - GERMANY| LEIPZIG - GERMANY
  • 01:59 Local time  |  Arrived at Sort Facility LEIPZIG - GERMANY| LEIPZIG - GERMANY
Friday
January, 08 2021
  • 23:18 Local time  |  Departed Facility in VITORIA - SPAIN| VITORIA - SPAIN
  • 22:23 Local time  |  Processed at VITORIA - SPAIN| VITORIA - SPAIN
  • 22:13 Local time  |  Arrived at Sort Facility VITORIA - SPAIN| VITORIA - SPAIN
  • 21:10 Local time  |  Departed Facility in SEVILLA - SPAIN| SEVILLA - SPAIN
  • 18:23 Local time  |  Processed at SEVILLA - SPAIN| SEVILLA - SPAIN
  • 11:17 Local time  |  Shipper has generated a shipment label, but the shipment has not yet been handed over to DHL| SEVILLA - SPAIN
Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
5 users say Thank You to Rome77 for this post
Reply Quote
An update on my original post, parcel posted in Inverness 10th Dec 20, actually arrived Friday 15th Jan 21, very frustrating as post office in Caleta closed Saturday so never got till the Monday.
3 users say Thank You to willie5094 for this post
Reply Quote
Rome77

I'd be tempted to email Jeff with those details - see what he has to say! Jeff@Amazon.com
I agree the time is quite good for here but it seems an unnecessarily large carbon footprint.
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(10-01-2021, 02:25 PM)Captain Sensible Wrote: We posted a small parcel to Madrid  at the post office in Caleta on 18 December. It still hasn't arrived.

The parcel arrived at the address in Madrid today!

It took 7 weeks!
3 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
They seem to be getting backlogs sorted. I received 2 parcels today, 1 posted 15th Dec, 1 posted 21st Jan, both from UK.
Living my dream
4 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
My parcel finally arrived, taking 5 weeks.
3 users say Thank You to willie5094 for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beware of some messages purputedly from Correos TamaraEnLaPlaya 3 2,125 01-02-2023, 09:33 AM
Last Post: DavidP
  Ebay/Amazon delivery to Fuerteventura Naturelover56 13 2,775 23-12-2022, 07:46 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Amazon & DHL delivery? Ducks 16 6,699 20-04-2022, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Tardis