This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
banking free bbva account

BBVA free banking account
Ok. So I had a result from BBVA. They refunded the fees.

Just be very careful how you transfer Money from the UK. Transferwise seems to attract no charges. Anything with SEPA is a no go.

Now just waiting for all my DD's to move across, then I can ditch Banca March for good.

Thanks for the heads up on BBVA free online Banking, Tom.  Thumbs Up
3 users say Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
We have signed up for BBVA, received and activated the cards but the app is requesting a document to verify income/pension to be uploaded. I uploaded photo of my pension payment and heard no more so assume it is okay. My wife uploaded a copy of her NHS pension document and it was rejected, she received an email to go to a branch to present her confirmation of income. We called in and they said a UK pension is not accepted for the account. 
Anyone else has this issue? It seems like we’ll have to stick with Sabadell and pay for the privilege.
3 users say Thank You to Pete Garyga for this post
Reply Quote
The account is now sorted, I translated the NHS pension statement and BBVA accepted it.
I've used ed the BBVA "bank change service" (moving from Sabadell) but so far only one standing order has come through and no direct debits so I've changed the account with most of the companies but have no idea how to change my bank account for CAAF. 
Anyone managed to do this? Any help appreciated please.
Loving it  Cool

1 user says Thank You to Pete Garyga for this post
Reply Quote
Pop in to the office in puerto. Take one of your bills or failing that an old bank statement showing the direct debit going through.

caaf, fuerteventura
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
CAAF and La Oliva were the only two I had problems with. BBVA sent them the identical information that Sabadell had used, but they replied (to the bank) that there was insufficient information!?

To resolve, I had to visit both in Corralejo to re-establish my direct debits!

Tom.
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Go to the CAAF officina indeed, but (as written in 2 other threads before) the problem with the forms at CAAF is that they're old, it want's you to fill in a OFICINA number, which is BS because that's of no need and not existing in the European SEPA account numbers.

That means you have to fill in the form in another way, just leave out the officina number, which is working perfectly (tad smarter than CAAFWink

LEAVE OUT the OFICINA number, only fill in IBAN - ENTIDAD - DC  - number of CUENTA 

just fill in the form like a normal Sepa should be filled in, in a row, the complete number (without that Spanisch filial number)

like: DE 21 ABN B 000 213 2544

This works, is our experience.
3 users say Thank You to Volcano for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UK Private pensions paid direct to Spanish bank account - charges! TamaraEnLaPlaya 1 1,945 03-10-2022, 08:44 PM
Last Post: classic
  Wise account or problem classic 6 4,400 05-03-2022, 06:46 AM
Last Post: classic
  How to Close a Bankia Account ? SamT 9 7,035 23-05-2020, 08:38 AM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Starling Bank - another free Euro bank account Sam 14 12,438 01-11-2019, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Sam