This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
corralejo bedding shop

Bedding Shop in Corralejo
I’m looking to buy a mattress topper when we come over at Christmas. Can anyone recommend a shop in Corralejo who sell good quality bedding please.
1 user says Thank You to GSDGirl for this post
Reply Quote
I can't remember the name of the shop, but almost opposite Centro Salud in Corralejo is a big bedding shop.  It's on the main road, Avd. Juan Carlos 1, at the junction with Calle Lepanto.  Unfortunately on Google Street View, it's an empty shop (clearly a very old Street View!), but it is there and it does open.  

However, personally I'd go into Puerto to Los Rotundas and the JYSK Store next to C&A.

Tom. 

I'm going to Centro Salud on Monday and if I can remember, I will take a photo of the shop.
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Cheers Tom and thanks. The times we have walked down there and never noticed it, but if you're not looking for a bed you probably wouldn’t. On my version of Earth the shop is occupied and called ‘Beds’.
2 users say Thank You to GSDGirl for this post
Reply Quote
Beds, yes, that's its name!!!  Bit obvious isn't it!!!
3 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Looking at the Beds website they have 2 mattress one 3 cm which is 60 euros and one 5 cm which is 180 euros for the size we need. I have no but knowledge of mattress toppers but 3 or 5 cm doesn’t seem very thick to me and for the difference of 2 cm 120 euros seems a huge difference in price. Has anyone out there bought a topper and can give me any advice on whether it’s worth paying the extra 120 euros for the 5 cm or if the 3 cm would be effective.
Reply Quote
You might find this website useful, not for buying but information on what to look for in a topper:  https://www.sleepfoundation.org/best-mattress-toppers.

And take a look at IKEA as they have useful information as well:
https://www.islas.ikea.es/fuerteventura/...ss-toppers

Personally, I've never purchased one, so I know nothing about them.  

And, as previously mentioned, JSYK Shop next to C&A have a great selection on the upper floor.  I've purchased pillows there, and they were great.
3 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks again Tom. Trying to get this sorted from here as we are only in Fuerte for 3 weeks and that goes quick enough without wasting time shopping so your information is very much appreciated. 3 weeks flies by when you’re having a great holiday but 3 weeks on a uncomfortable bed can seem a very long time. By the way, I’m a Brummie too although we left 45 years ago.
Reply Quote
I've sent you a private message.  Please check.  

Tom.
1 user says Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Not to sound negative but if you have a poor quality mattress in the first place would you not just spend the Money on a new mattress rather than a topper. 
I bought new mattresses from Ikea a few years ago they were delivered vacuum packed and you just leave them open for a few hours before you can use them. Mine cost around €400 for each double bed mattress but they were orthopaedic and well worth every penny, always a great nights sleep.
1 user says Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
I fully agree with you and I wouldn't even consider a topper if it was our villa but we are on holiday for 3 weeks not living there so a topper is our only option. We have been to the villa three times before and the first twice my back was o.k. but last time I found the mattress a bit uncomfortable. My back is very sensitive and doesn't take much to give me problems. BTW our bed at home is a ViSpring so any bed has a hard act to follow.
2 users say Thank You to GSDGirl for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Camera/photography shop TrickyFox 8 188 05-04-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: TrickyFox
  Spice shop Rosario willie5094 2 2,855 28-04-2021, 12:04 PM
Last Post: willie5094