Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum. This is just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere on the island.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
island recommendation north mechanic car

Car mechanic recommendation in North of island
Got a rear door which will not lock. 

Looking for someone who knows someone who might be able to sort this out.
1 user says Thank You to beachlife for this post
Reply Quote
You could try Colin Lowe - 0034 683583718 -based in Valles de Ortega but also makes home visits.
2 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
This may be a tad obvious, but have you tried spraying it with WD40? sometimes the most obvious thing is the solution.
Do not take life to seriously no one gets out alive anyway 
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(16-10-2021, 09:08 AM)Johnrgby Wrote: This may be a tad obvious, but have you tried spraying it with WD40? sometimes the most obvious thing is the solution.

Tried Plus Gas (which is way better than WD40 ) a well as WD40 & grease. Both without any lock.

Think it needs the door panel off & hoping it's some dirt in the mechanism. Have not got the tools required to get the panel off, plus if it's a part required be better for someone who knows which part & where to get it on the island.

Thanks for your suggestion.
Reply Quote
Thumbs Up 
(16-10-2021, 08:46 AM)Emmi Smith Wrote: You could try Colin Lowe - 0034 683583718 -based in Valles de Ortega but also makes home visits.

Thanks for that number. Have one guy I have to ring on Monday, if I have no luck will ring the number you gave me.
2 users say Thank You to beachlife for this post
Reply Quote
When we lived in corralejo we used a guy called Andy, lived La Capellania. He was mobile with a van. 
This was 5+ years ago so don't know if still working but he was very good.

[Name] Andy Car Doc

[Mobile] 661 12 72 81
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks, Tamara, I have contacted Andy already & he asked me to ring next week to arrange something, so he is still working.

Got another option if he can't fix or is too busy.
1 user says Thank You to beachlife for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need a good diesel mechanic TrickyFox 7 1,545 27-08-2021, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Johnrgby