This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
convenio especial

Convenio Especial
I have applied for Convenio Especial as i have now been resident for a year and meet all the requirements. I took all my documents to Centro de Salud in Puerto del Rosario and was given a date-stamped photocopy of Anexo 1, my signed application declaration. I expected to receive some further confirmation from Servicio Canario de la Salud to set up the monthly direct debit payment with my bank but after 5 weeks of waiting, nothing has arrived. Is this the correct procedure or should i have gone to auyntamiento or my bank directly with the stamped photocopy and completed the process there?
2 users say Thank You to roclite for this post
Reply Quote
Unless things have changed since I registered (2017), there is no direct debit. Every six months I get a registered letter from Grand Can with six months worth of bills that I take to the bank and pay. Very antiquated I know. but it seems to work!
Life is short.....Be kind to one another  Smile
3 users say Thank You to classic for this post
Reply Quote
Hi Classic,

Not sure if we are talking about the same thing. The Convenio Especial is the Spanish state healthcare system which costs 65 euros per month and needs to be paid by monthly direct debit, in the same way as you would for private health insurance. I believe you would get a registered health ID card that should allow you to book an appointment with a local doctor or prove identity if you require a hospital visit.
1 user says Thank You to roclite for this post
Reply Quote
Classic knows what she is talking about.
4 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Yes you should a light blue one the size of a bank card, I should ask at whichever Medical Centre you elected to register with, and they will/used to  issue them
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
If I remember correectly, it was a few weeks before I got a confirmation letter that I was accepted, and then I had to go to the health center to collect my card.
Life is short.....Be kind to one another  Smile
4 users say Thank You to classic for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks all,

i have been reliably informed that process for acceptance for the Convenio Especial is now taking in the region of 4 months from your initial document submission at Centro de Salud. Guess i better try not to become ill before then Wink
3 users say Thank You to roclite for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Convenio Especiale Murrama 0 823 30-04-2023, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Murrama
  Convenio Especial application diddydoit 8 6,233 26-12-2020, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Johnrgby