This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
expansion corralejo port

Corralejo Port Expansion
The Government approves the expense that will triple the port of Corralejo

[Image: b_605_605_16777215_00_images_stories_2018_12_2.jpg]

15,000,000 euros will be allocated for the first phase of the expansion that implies increasing the berth capacity 

The Council of Government of the Canary Islands approved today, Monday, December 10, 2018, at the proposal of the Ministry of Public Works and Transport, the authorization of a multi-year expenditure of 15,000,000 euros for the improvement of operational security and capacity expansion from the port of Corralejo, located on the island of Fuerteventura.

In this way, the Canarian Executive will initiate the first phase of the expansion project of the port of Corralejo with an investment that will be financed by public funds through a multi-year plan that will cover a large part of the total budget of the project. Specifically, the authorized investment will be destined to the enlargement relative to increase the docking capacity of the vessels that carry out the maritime transport of passengers and merchandise.

[Image: b_605_605_16777215_00_images_stories_2018_12_1.jpg]

The action contemplates the improvement of the access and the esplanade dedicated to the activity of the current commercial maritime traffic, passing the set of 16,500 m² to 48,500 m². In this way, the work will enhance the commercial area intended for regular passenger traffic, as well as the land surface for the development of activities related to sports and recreational vessels.

Transfer of credit for the expansion and improvement of the sports harbour of the port of Corralejo

At the same time, the Governing Council today authorized the transfer of credit from the Ministry of Public Works and Transport to the Canaries Port Authority, amounting to 800,000 euros, for the expansion and improvement of the sports dock.

[Image: b_605_605_16777215_00_images_stories_2018_12_4.jpg]

This is an action that will be carried out in parallel to the project to expand the port and which envisages creating around 200 new berths, which will achieve an approximate increase in area of 75%. Likewise, the works will cover the management by uses of the current dock, optimizing each of the sectors, in order to avoid interference between them and to make efficient use of each zone.
4 users say Thank You to MLA for this post
Reply Quote
As long has they don't have the same people that oversaw the Caleta beach "improvements" fiasco anywhere near the site it might go ok. cough cough
2 users say Thank You to fatherted for this post
Reply Quote
Shocked 
FT, I thought someone said that crew were in Jail   Ah No I remember now what he said was they should be in Jail!
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
That all looks great MLA. A breakwater & marina like that would do wonders for Caleta as well, to close to PDR for the cruises but the rest looks good
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
Once done, the port will looks awesome, for sure. I quite like the last picture showing how massive the marina will be.

They should also consider the impact it'll have on tourisms in Corralejo and the Dunes. They won't be able to build this in a week. It took months to do the "regeneration" in Caleta and the business owners weren't really happy about it, especially towards the end. Social media were full of pics and warnings from people wishing they booked the holiday somewhere else...

(11-12-2018, 09:07 AM)fatherted Wrote: As long has they don't have the same people that oversaw the Caleta beach "improvements" fiasco anywhere near the site it might go ok. cough cough

I hope they're already "helping" with improvements elsewhere, far-far away from Fuerteventura.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(11-12-2018, 09:48 AM)Spitfire58 Wrote: That all looks great MLA. A breakwater & marina like that would do wonders for Caleta as well, to close to PDR for the cruises but the rest looks good

Allegedly starts some time this month, but do not hold your breath.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(11-12-2018, 02:25 PM)Johnrgby Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 09:48 AM)Spitfire58 Wrote: That all looks great MLA. A breakwater & marina like that would do wonders for Caleta as well, to close to PDR for the cruises but the rest looks good

Allegedly starts some time this month, but do not hold your breath.

For Caleta John ?? That is good news, if & when it actually happens  Big Grin Big Grin
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
Great looking plan. Pretty much the same as that 'approved' for Morro Jable some 6 years ago. Even had photos in the press of Puerto Calero boss from Lanzarote signing the agreement. Budget 15million, I think, as well.

Has anything happened? Do pigs fly?

Good luck. Hope it really happens.
4 users say Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
It looks good but I hope they tidy up whats there as part of the plan.
3 users say Thank You to Si Tie for this post
Reply Quote
We've stopped at the apartments near to the harbour a couple of times. One year there was some work going on which involved the prolonged use of what sounded like abrasive cutting power tools for 2 days or so. The noise echoing round the harbour area was incredible, so if this work does happen I think we'll be giving the area a wide birth whenever we come over. It's a bit of a shame really because I can easily while away a few hours on the balcony watching the harbour traffic come and go.
We'll see I guess.
Frequent visitor
2 users say Thank You to Banjo for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Antigua approves the expansion of its cemetery and the creation of a funeral home and TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 90 13-03-2024, 07:39 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Demolition of Las Agujas in Corralejo and Expansion of the Hotel Bahia Real Captain Sensible 2 4,219 24-06-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Corralejo Expansion Planned by the Cabildo Captain Sensible 1 2,928 27-10-2019, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Sam