This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
walking cycling

Cycling/walking
Hi all very new to the forum.

I stayed in Caleta De Fuste this March for 10 days. All being well I'm returning on the 26th December for 3 weeks.

Can anybody advise my about any local walking/ cycling groups I could tag along with during my stay and where I could hire a decent pedal bike?

In anticipation.

Best wishes,

John Bird
3 users say Thank You to JohnB for this post
Reply Quote
Don’t know of any groups in Caleta, sorry but plenty of places to hire a bog standard bike (usual tourist hire stuff) not sure you will get anything better than that though as generally just tourists for a few days pedal around the town/surrounding area. HTH
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(01-08-2020, 11:56 AM)JohnB Wrote: Hi all very new to the forum.

I stayed in Caleta De Fuste this March for 10 days. All being well I'm returning on the 26th December for 3 weeks.

Can anybody advise my about any local walking/ cycling groups I could tag along with during my stay and where I could hire a decent pedal bike?

In anticipation.

Best wishes,

John Bird

Hi John and welcome to the forum,like Spitfire I am not aware of any cycling groups on the Island, and as for hiring a bike there are a number of places but not sure of the quality,there is a very active Scooter group { as in Lambretta/ Vespa scooetrs } on the island, but not sure of the possibility of hiring one but if interested I know who will know, and there used to be a very active walking group on another forum that is now virtualy defunct,but I will check this out for you ASAP.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
5 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks for your responses and thank for offering to look into it further for me.

I may consider shipping my own bike over. 

Best wishes,

John
3 users say Thank You to JohnB for this post
Reply Quote
Welcome.
Have you looked at hotels like Magic Life at Esquinzo? They run activities at all levels - both road bikes and mountain bikes. All equipment supplied.
Or Las Playitas resort. Lots of cycling groups coming out of there every day. And a lot of the pro's there bring their own equipment.
Enjoy your holiday.
4 users say Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
Hi I would look at Caleta cycles, they will have a bike for any levels Road or Mountain.
If you set up map my ride there are plenty of rides on the app. I would advise 29inch wheels and 
minimum of front shocks and disc brakes if you are off road.

http://www.caletacycles.com/
5 users say Thank You to Moonlight for this post
Reply Quote
Hi John,
Was that Freda, she used to organise walks. She lived out my direction but her house was up for sale 18 months or so ago, not sure if she is still around. Just arrived today for a week to check on our house, haven’t been out since January. Hope you have both been keeping well through all this, cheers . . Ron
3 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
Morning Ron, yes it was, I have sent her a PM on the Dark Side, but she has not been on there since March so I assume the group is no longer active, enjoy your stay.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
4 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Yes Freda is still around, although the walks are quite leisurely and with a social meet up after for coffee
7 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
(03-08-2020, 07:25 AM)Emmi Smith Wrote: Yes Freda is still around, although the walks are quite leisurely and with a social meet up after for coffee

Good to know thanks Emmi
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
5 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cycling event Fudenas - 29 & 30 Oct 2022 TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 1,467 15-09-2022, 08:57 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Faro Fuerteventura (Cycling) TamaraEnLaPlaya 1 1,079 25-06-2022, 08:49 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya