This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
licence fiasco driving

Driving Licence Fiasco
Thanks Pete. So it doesn't sound you had an issue getting another DGT appointment quite quickly - or is it a different type of appointment?

I notice that the Med Centre are offering an end to end process including dealing with DGT. You don't happen to know how much they charge for that do you?
1 user says Thank You to Bill for this post
Reply Quote
(24-03-2023, 01:17 PM)Bill Wrote: Thanks Pete. So it doesn't sound you had an issue getting another DGT appointment quite quickly - or is it a different type of appointment?

I notice that the Med Centre are offering an end to end process including dealing with DGT. You don't happen to know how much they charge for that do you?

Hi Bill, DGT Fuerteventura seem to have lots of appointments (trámites de oficina) you can book one here https://sedeclave.dgt.gob.es/WEB_NCIT_CO...Cita.faces I had no problem booking 2 on Wed and 2 more for Thurs.
Sorry, can't help with the Med centre process, we booked our tests and DGT ourselves.
Loving it  Cool

2 users say Thank You to Pete Garyga for this post
Reply Quote
So........ Based on the experience of two users, if you are given back your UK licence, hand it back and ask for a temporary licence!!## It will save you another trip.

I understand that EU citizens are allowed to keep their licence, which they surrender when collecting the Spanish licence. Clearly the staff haven't quite got used to the system for us non-EU folk yet.

Tom.

## No, necesito una licencia temporal, por favor.
1 user says Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
(24-03-2023, 01:39 PM)Cotillo_Tom Wrote: So........ Based on the experience of two users,  if you are given back your UK licence, hand it back and ask for a temporary licence!!##  It will save you another trip.

I understand that EU citizens are allowed to keep their licence, which they surrender when collecting the Spanish licence.  Clearly the staff haven't quite got used to the system for us non-EU folk yet.  

Tom.

## No, necesito una licencia temporal, por favor.

Exactly Thumbs Up
Loving it  Cool

1 user says Thank You to Pete Garyga for this post
Reply Quote
Hi guys. Did somebody pass driving test on Fuerteventura? Is it reqlly possible to do in English?
I try to practice tests on practicatest website, but it seems that translations sometimes is not good and confusing, in DGT translations are similar?
1 user says Thank You to gravi for this post
Reply Quote
(12-04-2023, 12:17 PM)gravi Wrote: Hi guys. Did somebody pass driving test on Fuerteventura? Is it reqlly possible to do in English?
I try to practice tests on practicatest website, but it seems that translations sometimes is not good and confusing, in DGT translations are similar?

why would you want to? Why not exchange the one you have, assuming of course that you have one?
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
1 user says Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(12-04-2023, 12:27 PM)Johnrgby Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 12:17 PM)gravi Wrote: Hi guys. Did somebody pass driving test on Fuerteventura? Is it reqlly possible to do in English?

why would you want to? Why not exchange the one you have, assuming of course that you have one?
because I'm not from UK and EU and I need to pass test and practice exam anyway
2 users say Thank You to gravi for this post
Reply Quote
(12-04-2023, 02:43 PM)gravi Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 12:27 PM)Johnrgby Wrote:

because I'm not from UK and EU and I need to pass test and practice exam anyway

Ok.good luck with that the only person I know who has tried, failed theory 4 times and is waiting for his 3rd practical, while instructors speak English the examiners do not and while the instructor can sit in the car he cannot translate or indeed say anything.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
1 user says Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
I've been learning Spanish for 2 month, and as I saw in exams simulation on Youtube, there is not problem to pass driving part with base knowledge of Spanish, but tests better pass in English for my current Spanish level. And I know people who passed exams without any problems, but all of them passed both parts in Spanish. Anyway, thanks for the answer.
1 user says Thank You to gravi for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Driving licence exchange willie5094 0 221 05-11-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: willie5094
  UK driving license petition tigga1958 0 2,310 29-05-2022, 09:06 AM
Last Post: tigga1958
  Renewing Spanish Driving Licence - over 65s TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 2,697 05-05-2022, 09:12 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Exchange from UK to Spanish driving licence gattaca66 104 41,115 30-04-2022, 09:52 AM
Last Post: DavidP
  Driving Licence Exchange tigga1958 4 3,832 29-12-2021, 06:28 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya